[Unstable Update] June 2024 Edition

They didn’t, the web page is currently broken. If you check with pacman-mirrors, you will see they are synced.

1 Like

When I refresh the mirror list, I only get two entries from around the world.

::Global : https://mirrors2.manjaro.org/unstable
::Global : https://mirrors.manjaro.org/repo/unstable

Known issue:

hadn’t noticed the “feedback” section before and this news passed me by. Thanks for the clarification

I see this when trying to update my system.

warning: cannot resolve "firefox-developer-edition>=128.0b8", a dependency of "firefox-developer-edition-i18n-en-ca"
warning: cannot resolve "firefox-developer-edition>=128.0b8", a dependency of "firefox-developer-edition-i18n-en-us"
:: The following packages cannot be upgraded due to unresolvable dependencies:
      firefox-developer-edition-i18n-en-ca  firefox-developer-edition-i18n-en-us

I’ve force-refreshed my mirrors and seen the same issue.

Edit 10 hours later: It seems to have been resolved. I tried updating again and all’s well now.

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Pacnew/Pacsave hook issues

Since KDE 6, every KDE update (almost) shuffled my favorite in the application menu (they were sorted and then they were not, all shuffled in different position in the menu). Any way to fix or lock that down? favorites seem to be saved into some kind of SQLite database if I recall my last attempts at fixing that.

1 Like

Havent experienced the same. I do use a different launcher, though thats not necessarily related.

Seems that most things are mentioned here (files, dirs, db)

https://askubuntu.com/questions/970736/how-to-remove-persistent-favorite-from-kde-menu-in-plasma-5-x

That database doesn’t control any ordering, what you want seems to be in ~/.config/kactivitymanagerd-statsrc. Try moving/deleting that file and then recreating your favourites.

Haven’t seen this problem myself but I’m on Stable branch.

1 Like

Indeed it is the file. Thanks. I’ll try to see what I can do. I have many “duplicates” of my application menu’s history of breakage.

Had to run these two commands as well, since I noticed that the replacement wasn’t enabling the service for cleaning up old modules:

sudo systemctl enable linux-modules-cleanup.service
sudo systemctl disable --now linux-module-cleanup.service

The second command just removed a dead symlink; the actual service was already gone with the removal of kernel-alive. Note the module instead of modules.

2 Likes

After the last couple reboots today and yesterday, I have no sound. PipeWire seems broken somehow. I haven’t changed anything sound-related in the past year.

I see this with journalctl -f _COMM=pipewire and I’m not sure why.

[alex@alex-pc ~]$ journalctl -f _COMM=pipewire
Jun 29 19:20:34 alex-pc pipewire[10214]: column:  24 |------------------------^
Jun 29 19:20:34 alex-pc pipewire[10214]: pw.conf: can't load config pipewire.conf: Invalid argument
Jun 29 19:20:34 alex-pc pipewire[10214]: pw.conf: can't load config pipewire.conf: Invalid argument
Jun 29 19:20:34 alex-pc pipewire[10214]: default: failed to create context: Invalid argument
Jun 29 19:20:34 alex-pc pipewire[10245]: 0x5c1ea4a06740: error in config '/home/alex/.config/pipewire/pipewire.conf': Invalid array separator
Jun 29 19:20:34 alex-pc pipewire[10245]: line:   239 |     @sm_comment@{ path = "@session_manager_path@" args = "@session_manager_args
Jun 29 19:20:34 alex-pc pipewire[10245]: column:  24 |------------------------^
Jun 29 19:20:34 alex-pc pipewire[10245]: pw.conf: can't load config pipewire.conf: Invalid argument
Jun 29 19:20:34 alex-pc pipewire[10245]: pw.conf: can't load config pipewire.conf: Invalid argument
Jun 29 19:20:34 alex-pc pipewire[10245]: default: failed to create context: Invalid argument

There it is an error in your config file

error in config ‘/home/alex/.config/pipewire/pipewire.conf’: Invalid array separator

Please start a new thread, explain your issue as well as possible, and provide (in that thread) the outputs from each of these commands:

# Some system information
inxi --admin --verbosity=8 --filter --no-host --width

# Recent logs
journalctl --boot=-1 --priority=3 --catalog --no-pager

# Content of config file with the error
cat ~/.config/pipewire/pipewire.conf

Cheers.

For me what I had in “pipewire.conf” in my home config was a “}” in line “178”, I deleted the line and what came up is a “]”.

What does that even mean?

From your description, something needed to be added, not deleted.

It was the end of

context.modules = [ …
.]
I have and extra “}” in the line above this.

Ah, now that’s better explained. Thanks.

I don’t actually have a pipewire.conf file (yet), so it’s difficult to check locally.

1 Like

I always compare the config files in my home to defaults when PipeWire has an update, since I’ve copied them completely. Maybe I’ll get around to just have overrides for things I want to change, some day…

After this update my speaker is always muted on boot by default (although it does not show it in the UI). Muting and unmuting solves the problem