[Unstable Update] 2023-05-21 - Repository changes

It still has to interact with them.

The description of pamac-gtk (gtk4 version) still notes gtk3 in the description. I have installed the gtk4 version and it seems to function well for my use case. Nice work and thank you.

1 Like

Changing some Pamac preferences can not be saved when using pamac-gtk (gtk4)

How to reproduce the issue:

1. Open pamac-manager
  2. Click Pamac meu → Click “Preferences”
  3. Change number of “Parallel downloads”
    or change “mirrors”
    or change “Number of versions of each package to keep”
  4. Close and reopen “Preferences”.
    As a result, it does not change.

Presumably through libpamac.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Pamac-gtk does not match Xfce theme

This could be my fault somehow … but

after powerdevil upgrade … the services no longer seem to work.

I’ve tried downgrading to no avail. Ive tried refreshing/reloading the services and dbus …

There shows it failed - battery icon missing.
In systemctl --user status powerdevil It shows:
org.kde.powerdevil: KDE Power Management System init failed!
Similar to journalctl:

systemd[949]: plasma-powerdevil.service: start operation timed out. Terminating.
systemd[949]: plasma-powerdevil.service: Failed with result 'timeout'.
systemd[949]: plasma-powerdevil.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 199.
org_kde_powerdevil[6025]: org.kde.powerdevil: KDE Power Management System init failed!

Manually doing

killall org_kde_powerdevil
kstart5 /usr/lib/org_kde_powerdevil

and restarting the user service … seems to ~work … as in the logs become clean … but the rest of the desktop (system settings, icon) still acts as if powerdevil is not functioning (no progress if plasma is restarted either).
A reboot returns to the same problematic state … new test user exhibits the same.

Note - the battery itself is somewhat old/damaged at 60% life … but this displays fine in other utilities, and a clean ISO acts as expected.

EDIT.

Found it :slight_smile:
Theres just about no documentation to go off of … and the package certainly doesnt have any dependencies that point this way … but …
ddcutil - without that installed powerdevil will fail. After install everything is :rainbow:s

…and it looks like someone noticed at Arch:

…and its maybe being fixed:

2 Likes

with the new sddm got a slightly different form of PAM configuration file for sddm. suggested generic configuration file (/etc/pam.d/sddm);

auth        include     system-login
-auth       optional    pam_gnome_keyring.so
-auth       optional    pam_kwallet5.so

account     include     system-login

password    include     system-login
-password   optional    pam_gnome_keyring.so    use_authtok

session     optional    pam_keyinit.so          force revoke
session     include     system-login
-session    optional    pam_gnome_keyring.so    auto_start
-session    optional    pam_kwallet5.so         auto_start

so for someone running KDE on sddm i guess omitting lines with pam_gnome_keyring.so is fine;

auth        include     system-login
-auth       optional    pam_kwallet5.so

account     include     system-login

password    include     system-login

session     include     system-login
-session    optional    pam_kwallet5.so         auto_start

likewise for someone running Gnome DE on GDM omitting pam_kwallet5.so lines is fine. please advice if additional configuration is required.

also, is this really necessary;

Reinstalling or updating sddm would reset this configuration including pam_gnome_keyring.so.

I think you don’t need to remove the line pam_gnome_keyring.so again after update sddm.

From pam.conf:

If the type value from the list above is prepended with a - character the PAM library will not log to the system log if it is not possible to load the module because it is missing in the system. This can be useful especially for modules which are not always installed on the system and are not required for correct authentication and authorization of the login session.

It’s fine to leave everything as it is, the only available configuration will be loaded.

1 Like

ostree 2023.4-1 is broken - 2023.3-1 works:

Pleases test ostree 2023.4-1.0 (soon 2023.4-2 from Arch) with the problematic commit reverted.

1 Like

results in: (sd-execu[307]: /usr/lib/systemd/system-generators/ostree-system-generator failed with exit status 1.

ostree 2023.4-2.0 (ARCH/testing) the same ERROR!!

ostree 2023.3-1.0 (Manjaro testing/extra) works…

In case anyone experiences issues with snaps recently, installing AppArmor 3.1.6 from Arch’s Testing might resolve them. I’ve been testing it the for a day already and it seems it is quite safe at least for Manjaro Unstable branch. I know many people dislike snaps but sometimes there’s no other way except rebuilding the entire Qt which is not a fun game.

With kernel 6.4 being released, can someone confirm or check that the issues with BTRFS from before are resolved?

1 Like

Calamares is broken it complains about user@user module can’t be loaded.
I believe this is due to icu package being at 73 and calamares wants 72.

Fixed with the update of calamares to 3.2.62-3 yesterday

I’m seeing bluetoothd core dumps with bluez 5.67-1.
After downgrading to 5.66-1 bluetooth works as before.

I can reproduce it and an Arch bug report has been filed: FS#78937 - [bluez] coredump when playing audio since 5.67-1

1 Like

Ah, that bluez report wasn’t filed yet when I looked.

On another note:
Sometimes my amd machine gets hit by a kernel bug on boot. Seems to be included in multiple kernels, I’ve seen this on linux63 and linux61 so far.
A recent mention in a testing announcement thread sees this in linux515:

There is a thread on arch forums about it.
Possible fix mentioned in post #17:

After the most recent update from unstable and reboot, the pipewire-pulse service starts and then subsequently crashes (SIGSEGV).

alex@alex-pc ~]$ systemctl --user status --lines=50 pipewire-pulse
× pipewire-pulse.service - PipeWire PulseAudio
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/user/pipewire-pulse.service; disabled; preset: enabled)
     Active: failed (Result: core-dump) since Sat 2023-07-01 19:12:21 PDT; 2min 8s ago
   Duration: 625ms
TriggeredBy: × pipewire-pulse.socket
    Process: 11998 ExecStart=/usr/bin/pipewire-pulse (code=dumped, signal=SEGV)
   Main PID: 11998 (code=dumped, signal=SEGV)
        CPU: 46ms

Jul 01 19:12:21 alex-pc systemd[1751]: pipewire-pulse.service: Main process exited, code=dumped, status=11/SEGV
Jul 01 19:12:21 alex-pc systemd[1751]: pipewire-pulse.service: Failed with result 'core-dump'.
Jul 01 19:12:21 alex-pc systemd[1751]: pipewire-pulse.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
Jul 01 19:12:21 alex-pc systemd[1751]: Stopped PipeWire PulseAudio.
Jul 01 19:12:21 alex-pc systemd[1751]: pipewire-pulse.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Jul 01 19:12:21 alex-pc systemd[1751]: pipewire-pulse.service: Failed with result 'core-dump'.
Jul 01 19:12:21 alex-pc systemd[1751]: Failed to start PipeWire PulseAudio.
[ble: exit 3]
[alex@alex-pc ~]$

Is this known? If so, is there something I should do to handle it?

I cannot reproduce here.

$ systemctl --user status pipewire-pulse.service 
● pipewire-pulse.service - PipeWire PulseAudio
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/user/pipewire-pulse.service; disabled; preset: enabled)
     Active: active (running) since Sat 2023-07-01 17:21:49; 2h 5min ago
TriggeredBy: ● pipewire-pulse.socket
   Main PID: 1705 (pipewire-pulse)
      Tasks: 2 (limit: 8173)
     Memory: 24.8M
        CPU: 1min 39.233s
     CGroup: /user.slice/user-1000.slice/user@1000.service/session.slice/pipewire-pulse.service
             └─1705 /usr/bin/pipewire-pulse

Jul 01 17:21:49 manjaro systemd[1057]: Started PipeWire PulseAudio.

What does the coredump say?