[Unstable Update] 2023-02-17 - Plasma 5.27 LTS, GNOME, Python

Would be an idea. Let me look into that when I find time for it.

4 Likes

But there is no ‘consolefont’ and ‘keymap’ hooks in …
Oh. Thats an old mkinitcpio.conf
But I suppose it stands to reason I dont need any of it then :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I’ve been doing this for a long time…
Ah, reason alike @cscs said.
That’s why I don’t get the error…

1 Like

if you had libva issues with chromium derived browsers with video acceleration on old intel iGPUs (AFAIK pre-haswell) on X11 you might need some intervention.

This works. However, command above should read as follows:

“sudo mkinitcpio -P”

Much appreciated!

Ruziel :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Whoops! Thanks for the catch. Fixed. :smiley:

1 Like

improper ?

@philm could it be possible that for grub updates we get a thread similar to those eos does? Just an idea for gathering in the same place the most common solutions for any grub-related problem, if they ever happen again, as they happen.

Yep, I remember we had the same when grub gets pkg updates.
We could update the grub.install

Done: [pkg-upd] 2.06.r456.g65bc45963-3 (3eeb3603) · Commits · Packages / Core / grub · GitLab

3 Likes

Please revert as it might break more installs than solving anything @Yochanan. See my comment here. [pkg-upd] 2.06.r456.g65bc45963-3 (3eeb3603) · Commits · Packages / Core / grub · GitLab You can also re-read the remark from Arch.

i agree, usually i think everyone(who has experience installing bootloader) has their own set of parameters they supply to their respective setups and a generic command would not work. however as someone suggested, probing how calamares does it (most of the time) successfully is worth a shot. till then this should remain forwarding people to the wiki with all the options for the respective setups.

1 Like

Upgrading libvirt from 9.1.0 to 9.2.0 breaks the compatibility of virt-manager, which loses the ability to create a new internal snapshots of KVM.

See the error message of virt-manager when creating a new internal snapshot of KVM:

Error creating snapshot: Operation not supported: internal snapshots of a VM with pflash based firmware are not supported

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 72, in cb_wrapper
    callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/details/snapshots.py", line 237, in _do_create_snapshot
    self.vm.create_snapshot(xml)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/object/domain.py", line 1197, in create_snapshot
    self._backend.snapshotCreateXML(xml, flags)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 3119, in snapshotCreateXML
    raise libvirtError('virDomainSnapshotCreateXML() failed')
libvirt.libvirtError: Operation not supported: internal snapshots of a VM with pflash based firmware are not supported

Solution:

Downgrade to libvirt 9.1.0 and then reboot to fix the issue.

Edit:

Creating internal snapshot hat the limit with UEFI, but it has no issue with legacy BIOS.

Creating external snapshot is a solution.

2 Likes

I’ve linked to the wiki instead: [pkg-upd] 2.06.r456.g65bc45963-4 (81678efb) · Commits · Packages / Core / grub · GitLab

1 Like

I reckon it might be worth listing manjaro-rescue as an option there next to those wiki entries. Grub is very technical.

1 Like

One will only see that message the first time grub is installed.

1 Like

May be grub package update should make influence onto new stable ISO release date by making it closer to grub package release date. Thus more new Manjaro installations will be assured to receive important updates of grub by the new installation procedure.

Also want to note that the stable/testing ISO releases are absent for more than 2 months in the Releases · manjaro/release-review · GitHub

Thanks!

All the cominity ones are January i.e. three months

Don’t forget to check in the Manjaro-Development section from time to time. :slight_smile: