[Unstable Update] 2022-11-25 - Mkinitcpio, NVIDIA, Qt, Gtk, SDL, LibreOffice, Cinnamon

I am getting back the “WARNING: consolefont: no font found in configuration”, but I thought it was patched? Does it need additional intervention, @Yochanan?

I have removed the consolefont hook without any ill effect on Manjaro xfce, EndeavourOS and Arch VM’s. That being said here is the fix:

To fix it, you need provide the console font name in /etc/vconsole.conf, here is mine:

KEYMAP=us
FONT=tcvn8x16

To find the correct console font’s names, you could view the list of them in /usr/share/kbd/consolefonts/.

Then run sudo mkinitcpio -P
2 Likes

Yes, in 2012. :wink:

3 Likes

My eyes :eyes:! :joy:
I did a clean install in one of my machines and thought it was something new, sorry for the inconvenience, everyone!

you can update Manjaro ISO images on your media: these images got a few stable updates this year

1 Like

New change added to the wiki post:

EDIT: The change has been reverted.

1 Like

Unless one isn’t using the (default) stable branch: a /etc/pacman-mirrors.pacsave gets created and one has to manually (re-)set the branch in that case.

5 Likes

not the only, the protocol also:
in my case the
Protocols = https
line

as a long ago I used the
❯ sudo pacman-mirrors -a -P https -B unstable

Basically the package gets replaced and all our configs are not kept (being used). Not good. Also the mirror list got reset.

Not on my system: /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist is still the same.

Maybe depends if mirrors happen to update with the new settings?

Yep that’s it, maybe the time trigger happened between when package got replaced and when I noticed messages about the config file being changed.

If you’re referrig to that awful pamac-mirrorlist.timer: that will mangle your mirrorlist when triggered (which is why I’ve disabled that one as I’m able to manage mirrors myself).

That’s what I’m talking about. It doesn’t mangle my mirror list as I set it manually initially, then the trigger should not destroy my list, I mean it never did as I initially configured pacman-mirrors to use HTTPS and only Global mirrors, then the trigger executes pacman-mirrors -f8 according to my settings, not mangling my list, but as pacman-mirrors got replaced, its config too, then this happened:

[omano@omano-nvme ~]$ systemctl status pamac-mirrorlist.timer
* pamac-mirrorlist.timer - Generate mirrorlist weekly
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/pamac-mirrorlist.timer; enabled; preset: disabled)
     Active: active (waiting) since Thu 2022-12-22 22:23:03 CET; 16h ago
      Until: Thu 2022-12-22 22:23:03 CET; 16h ago
    Trigger: Thu 2022-12-29 14:57:15 CET; 6 days left
   Triggers: * pamac-mirrorlist.service

As I guessed it happened right at the ‘perfect’ time :ok_hand:

pacman-mirrors has been renamed to manjaro-mirrors, but

Replace manjaro-mirrors with core/pacman-mirrors? [Y/n]

I think the problem has already been solved and the package was migrated back.

(The solution is (1) give the repository packages a higher priority and (2) ask the author to rename their package.)

Recent btrfs-progs-6.1-1 breaks grub-btrfs and snapshots are not detected.

Upstream issue: kdave/btrfs-progs#562

1 Like

It should be tested enough until it’s available on stable maybe waiting for a patched version

It seems there’s a patch for btrfs-progs on queue:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-btrfs/list/?series=707080

1 Like