[Unstable Update] 2022-11-25 - Mkinitcpio, NVIDIA, Qt, Gtk, SDL, LibreOffice, Cinnamon

Mesa 22.2.5 is the last update of the Mesa 22.2 series
So maybe 22.3 will be pushed in a few days…

1 Like

Same here. In unstable and testing …
EDIT:
But maybe “archlinux-appstream-data” was the problem I don´t know…
Downgrade mesa solved.

For me todays update broke system (in VM virtualbox).
No boot to SDDM, Kernels 5.15 5.19 6.0 6.1
Tried different things, nothings works. “Startx” get a lot of driver errors.
VideoDrives mhwd looks ok.
Only branch change to stable solved for me…
In unstable (other VM vitualbox it looks like the same …)

EDIT:
Probably the downgrade of mesa is the simple solution !
(See unstable)

@olli_GT
remove kernel EOL ( kernel 5.19 )
and redo sudo mkinitcpio -P
check also if you have pacnew file ,
on /etc/mkinitcpio.conf.pacnew

Why?
5.19 is EOL, but still supported. And the problem was not the kernel.
It seems to be MESA 22.2.5.

mesa 22.2.5 is only in the unstable branch. I’ve moved your posts.

Because, obviously an EOL kernel is not getting updates and fixes anymore, it is by definition not supported (not sure where you get the idea that an EOL kernel is still “supported”, maybe you need to share your definition of “supported”), but yeah, by definition, an EOL kernel is not supported, as it is End Of Life, it is in the name. So basically, when you report issues, you don’t report them by testing on EOL kernel, it is common practices. You use the current and recommended kernels.

1 Like

Mhh, I saw this in branchcompare too.
But pacman.log says upgrade to 22.2.5.1 this afternoon. On branch testing

The kernel itself is old. I know.
But its looks like that the kernel is still compatible with the rest of manjaro packages in the moment.
It is still in list on the top of this thread " Our current supported kernels.
In plasma “Kernel” it is still showing normal. No flag outdated.
I keep this EOL always for fallback/testing until there are “really” unsupported. I do not use them allday…

Guys, refresh your browser. We’re in the Unstable Update thread, not the Testing Update thread.

2 Likes

I’ve just downgraded all Mesa packages from 22.2.5-1 back to 22.2.4-1 for now.

5 Likes

intel uhd 630, as mentioned above, mesa 22.2.5 causes a boot hang on all kernels. Chroot-ing and downgrading to 22.2.4 brings it back up and running.

1 Like

perhaps, that mess caused by mesa also :laughing:

I don’t see 22.2.5 on mesa only 22.2.4 => 22.3 on Release Notes — The Mesa 3D Graphics Library latest documentation. anything special about this v22.2.5?

https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-announce/2022-December/000696.html

Hmm, need more info on what created the issue. Here the changes: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/compare/mesa-22.2.4...mesa-22.2.5?from_project_id=176&straight=false

I know this is for 22.3, but…

I had install mesa 22.2.5 again from cache. Again no boot to SDDM. It’s a VM. Not really important for me.

So what you need?

Moderator edit: Removed useless screenshots of text

Please do not post screenshots of text. Use copy+paste and proper formatting.

Please create a new Support thread and…

xdg-desktop-portal 1.16.0-1 causes application crashes. If I run the faltpak apps from command line there seems to be no issue. I didn’t check if the issue was reported upstream already, but I would suggest not to push it down to other branches. Downgrading resolves it for now.