[Unstable Update] 2022-10-13 - Kernels, Plasma 5.26, KDE Frameworks 5.99, Nvidia 520.56.06

3 posts were split to a new topic: Why is GNOME 43 not yet available in the unstable branch?

I installed latest updates today which brought kernel 5.19.15-1 then rebooted and kernel mod did not load went to black screen.I rebooted into kernel 5.15.73-1 and everything was ok.I went ahead and installed kernel 6.0.1-1 and rebooted and everything works.I’m not really worried about 5.19 as it will be EOL soon so all is well with latest kernel and updates.

5.15.74 | 5.19.16 | 6.0.2 are released and will land to unstable soon…
On stable as well because this have some security fixes

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Trouble building ROCm

GNOME Users: Please test gnome-layout-switcher 0.8.28 and see if I missed anything while cleaning up old code.

• Known issue: Traditional preview only shows correct image when selected; otherwise shows Manjaro preview image

9 posts were split to a new topic: Can anyone else confirm if modules from already uninstalled kernels are leftover?

This issue is not Manjaro related, as it also happens on Arch, but in Plasma 5.26, I no longer have highlights in my application menu.
What I mean is, that in 5.25, there would be a highlight of objects the mouse is over, with the accent color.
This is no longer the case with 5.26. It happens on at least 2 of my machines, My x64 laptop and my Pinebook Pro, so it’s not architecture or driver related either.

So it’s either caused by Plasma 5.26 or KDE Frameworks 5.99.

Did we test frameworks 5.99 against 5.25 when Plasma wasn’t updated yet? currently it is just guessing …

You’re right I just checked and no high-liting on mouseover, but not really necessary.

Maybe an issue with Breeze theme? I still use Oxygen and the highlighting still appears.

I’m having this (edit: multi-monitor) issue with Plasma 5.26 (same with 5.26.1).

got the same thing, for now i can work around it by having an xrandr command set as an alias

With 5.26.1 one of annoying bugs I had before is gone.
On logon, the primary display was used to set to my laptop’s monitor and then quickly it shifted to the external one, as it was specified in system settings. But now the external monitor is set as the primary one from the very beginning of the Plasma session. That’s great!

@Yochanan @Chrysostomus

manjaro-ranger-settings needs to be updated to replace nerd-fonts-terminus with upstream ttf-terminus-nerd. Unfortunately Manjaro’s Gitlab has currently issues, so I’m unable to open a bug report.

:white_check_mark:

What issues? :thinking:

The “create new issue” button was gone, instead a message on the top was displayed… Perhaps a temporary issue.

Plasma 5.26.2 seems to have fixed a lot of multi-monitor issues and I’m not experiencing the one I had anymore.

Has pamac lost integration with snap?

Downgrade snapd-glib from 1.63-2 to 1.63-1 for now. As soon as we have GNOME 43 packages, all will be well.

:information_source: Kernel 6.1-rc# might break backlight control on old/weird laptops, please test

2 Likes