[Unstable Update] 2021-09-21 - Nvidia 470.74, ZFS 2.1.1, KDE-git

After the haveged 1.9.14-2 update, boot times for both systemd-random-seed.service and systemd-resolved.service significantly spiked as reported by systemd-analyze blame. I resolved this by reverting to haveged 1.9.14-1.

It is reported that haveged is obsolete since kernel v5.6.

3 Likes

Since the recent update of docker-compose to 2.0.0-1
the command doesn’t work anymore (command not found)

1 Like

There is already a Bug Report at Arch Linux FS#72281 : [docker-compose] PLEASE ENTER SUMMARY which describes your issue.

2 Likes

I’m not really sure where to report this, but I added the kde-unstable repo.
It works all fine but libgit2 1.2 doesn’t work with kate, it needs libgit2 1.1.
In kde i was told this is a manjaro packaging issue, a simple downgrade of libgit2 solved the issue.

edit: problem is solved with the latest update of kate, now it requires the newest libgit2 as it should.

:information_source: PSA for PipeWire users:

Reenable any per-user enabled pipewire-media-session.service manually to establish a new service alias for pipewire-session-manager.service added with 0.3.38.

systemctl --user enable pipewire-media-session

See the release notes for more info:

6 Likes

Fixed in 2.0.1

$ systemctl enable --user pipewire-session-manager
Failed to enable unit: Refusing to operate on alias name or linked unit file: pipewire-session-manager.service

Enabling the service providing the alias works though:

$ systemctl enable --user pipewire-media-session
Created symlink /home/.../.config/systemd/user/pipewire-session-manager.service → /usr/lib/systemd/user/pipewire-media-session.service.
Created symlink /home/.../.config/systemd/user/pipewire.service.wants/pipewire-media-session.service → /usr/lib/systemd/user/pipewire-media-session.service.
2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up folks! @Yochanan @freggel.doe

I think this is a remark that needs to be added to the next stable announcement (you guys might picture why) :wink:

Oops, copied & pasted the wrong service name. I edited my post.

2 Likes

I’ve got some cold sweat today. I always update through terminal with pacman or with Pamac in GUI.
This time, I’ve had some updates, notably critical ones such as gnome-shell, mutter and linux 514.

Since several weeks, os-prober within update-grub seems to last forever (in Gnome, as well as in KDE). I’ve had a shallow read about it, and forgot if there was a fix about it.

Stuck kernel update at os-prober stage + blazing fast discharging battery = dying computer amidst important update process :scream:

When I boot again, gone my Manjaro KDE and Gnome Arch entries in grub (obviously, os-prober never ended)… Gone my gdm login screen customization…

Reflex : tty. I opened /var/log/pacman.log to note all the packages that I had to update, failed because of locked /var/lib/pacman/db.lck, successfully reinstalled the packages and waited several minutes os-prober to complete. All was well after reboot. :partying_face:

Moral of the story : I’ll always install critical updates in tty (yes, I know, some here have always advised to do so…)

The 'Lost ability of file transfer (MTP-protocol) from/to Android device' issue somehow got fixed for me

Mentioned here:
[Unstable Update] 2021-09-21 - Nvidia 470.74, ZFS 2.1.1, KDE-git - #15 by alven

I did current (unstable) branch updates only.

I posted that in the (external) bug report mentioned there.

It was the nautilus + tracker3 / tracker3-miners update.

1 Like

I have no nautilus, no tracker3-miners, but currently have the

$ pacman -Qi tracker3 | grep Ver
Version         : 3.2.0-2

Thanks!

After update of vte3 from 0.64.2-2 to 0.66.0-1 I get following error every time when open Tilix:

bash: declare: PROMPT_COMMAND: not found

How to fix it?

I can’t reproduce it using ZSH, but there is a bug report about it:

FS#72346 - [vte-common] vte based terminal windows show error message on launch

1 Like

need to work on some haskell dependency

sudo pacman -S haskell-language-server
resolving dependencies...
warning: cannot resolve "haskell-ghc-lib-parser", a dependency of "haskell-fourmolu"
warning: cannot resolve "haskell-fourmolu", a dependency of "haskell-hls-fourmolu-plugin"
warning: cannot resolve "haskell-hls-fourmolu-plugin", a dependency of "haskell-language-server"
warning: cannot resolve "haskell-ghc-lib-parser", a dependency of "stylish-haskell"
warning: cannot resolve "stylish-haskell", a dependency of "haskell-hls-stylish-haskell-plugin"
warning: cannot resolve "haskell-hls-stylish-haskell-plugin", a dependency of "haskell-language-server"
:: The following package cannot be upgraded due to unresolvable dependencies:
      haskell-language-server

I can’t reproduce that, make sure your mirrors are up to date.

Before I post here, I have updated and use different mirrors. But nvm, now someone has solved this

Yeah, apparently you did. :wink:

There are the typos in the 5.15.rc4.211011.g64570fb-1 version of the linux515 and linux515-headers packages.
It should be named as rc5: see kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git - Linux kernel source tree