[Unstable Update] 2021-01-17 - Kernels, Powerline-Go, Mutter, Python

i guess this means those who rely on google sync will have to resort to GChrome from AUR afterwards

which don’t have video acceleration at all, what a pity

1 Like

Are you sure? :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you works perfect !

no Packages can be updated:

Fehler: Konnte den Vorgang nicht durchführen (In Konflikt stehende Dateien)
psmisc: /usr/share/man/de/man1/fuser.1.gz existiert im Dateisystem (gehört zu man-pages-de)
psmisc: /usr/share/man/de/man1/killall.1.gz existiert im Dateisystem (gehört zu man-pages-de)
psmisc: /usr/share/man/de/man1/peekfd.1.gz existiert im Dateisystem (gehört zu man-pages-de)
psmisc: /usr/share/man/de/man1/prtstat.1.gz existiert im Dateisystem (gehört zu man-pages-de)
psmisc: /usr/share/man/de/man1/pslog.1.gz existiert im Dateisystem (gehört zu man-pages-de)
psmisc: /usr/share/man/de/man1/pstree.1.gz existiert im Dateisystem (gehört zu man-pages-de)
Fehler sind aufgetreten, keine Pakete wurden aktualisiert.

this? [Testing Update] 2021-02-09 - Kernels, AMDVLK, Palemoon, Firefox-dev, Firefox, Haskell, Python - #5 by philm

yep, I overwrite the files and it will update

If overwritten, a possible update of either psmisc or man-pages-de without those will leave you with missing (german) man pages. At least until the other one will be reinstalled…

edit: This happened just now with the updated man-pages-de package. To get those german man pages back, reinstall psmisc afterwards. It will warn about it’s missing files on uninstallation and put them back.

1 Like

Hi, sorry for the late reaction,
FYI,

1. a few days ago, after doing a minor update (no kernel …), I rebooted to find: /bin /usr/bin empty …
    I had to reinstall the chrooted dead-man with pacman … seems all good .
  2. I have tried kernel 5.11, some games trigger a HardLockup with the Nvidia drivers during game launching.

FYI, this is an installation with the .21 rc iso, it worked perfectly for me.(and I noticed a big gain in speed installation)

I’ve got dosfstools: local (4.2-1) is newer than core (4.1-3.0) ?

1 Like

Mesa-git needs to be updated again, conflict with libelf package.

yes installing lib32-libelf (0.183-3) breaks dependency 'lib32-elfutils' required by lib32-mesa-git

the latest update with plasma 5.21 is a bit messed, but easy to solve. When I updated the package plasma-desktop-primex (5.20.5) prevented the installation of plasma-desktop 5.21 and there were various issues of course because of this.
So I just manually installed plasma-desktop 5.21 (it removes plasma-desktop-primex)
An alternative solution can be to just wait until the primex package reach the 5.21

normally that package should have not been installed the first place …

The manjaro installation is quite recent, it was either installed by default or it was suggested in the first update after installed the system because I didn’t install it manually.
Anyway I hope this info can be useful to someone

please rebuild mesa-git and lib32-mesa-git

I didn’t have this conflict. Since I don’t have fingerprint reader, I’m fine with plasma-desktop and this package was correctly updated.

Hi, about the lockup with kernel 511 and nvidia:

It is not a hard lockup, I made an ssh connection while playing,
As the screen hung, and the keyboard didnt answer anymore (even capslock dead)

I had a “dmesg -w” running: zero error messages,

tail -f of Xorg.log not abvious “crash error” but
the thign I see is: 20 thousands lines of:
[ 2048.203] (EE) modeset(0): present flip failed
[ 2048.204] (WW) modeset(0): flip queue failed: Invalid argument
[ 2048.204] (WW) modeset(0): Page flip failed: Invalid argument

The game’s log is fine too …

It is a laptop with prime-run … nvidia/intel,

rtx2060 and i7-9XXXXX with 16G of RAM , the rtx has 6G of VRAM.

This second test is with the latest 511 manjaro kernel : 5.11.0-1-MANJARO .

And with kernel 510 I have a very performant and stable system, even arma3 with proton gets more than a 100fps … that is twice as fast as under windobe.

I took a very “simple” openGL /SDL game for this test: xonotic :wink:

update:
I have deactivated openGL’s flipping and UBB : same problem and the same kind of logs.
The error message apears even before the game is launched.
I do have compositing disabled to make sure it is not an openGL provider confusing issue.

I have same error in my log with 5.11 but not with 5.10. I think is connected with assync page flyp enabled in 5.11

[ 2048.203] (EE) modeset(0): present flip failed
    [ 2048.204] (WW) modeset(0): flip queue failed: Invalid argument
    [ 2048.204] (WW) modeset(0): Page flip failed: Invalid argument

Probably not, I see the news on phoronix, it is about intel GPU, but yet maybe the kernel has “to know about it” to trigger it in the video driver, and that extra code ; doesnt work well with nvidia … or hybrid laptop setups …

If you have any infos , please share: I am looking into the kernel docs to disable this by command line parameter and test, it would be quicked than to recompile the kernel with that mod. , but if I have to, I surely will …