[Unstable Update] 2021-01-17 - Kernels, Powerline-Go, Mutter, Python

opencolorio1 1.1.1-2 fixes the issue.

1 Like

journalcrl:
could not read from ‘/sys/module/amd64_edac_mod/initstate’: No such device

Linux510.12-3
Solution: Reboot once with “fallback initramfs” entry in GRUB-menu.

Chromium losing Sync support in early March

2021-02-03 - Evangelos Foutras

Google has announced that they are going to block everything but Chrome from accessing certain Google features (like Chrome sync) starting on March 15. This decision by Google is going to affect Arch’s chromium package a bit earlier, on March 2, when Chromium 89 gets released.

We know for sure that data syncing will stop working (passwords, bookmarks, etc.). Other features such as geolocation or enhanced spell check might continue to function for a bit longer. Extensions integrating with Google Drive might misbehave and LibreOffice will lose access to documents stored there.

Other distros such as openSUSE and Fedora have already removed the soon-to-be-limited API keys from their Chromium 88 packages. Fedora’s advisory provides a great deal of perspective on this and I also found this Hackaday post to be quite informative.

https://archlinux.org/news/chromium-losing-sync-support-in-early-march/

2 Likes

i guess this means those who rely on google sync will have to resort to GChrome from AUR afterwards

which don’t have video acceleration at all, what a pity

1 Like

Are you sure? :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you works perfect !

no Packages can be updated:

Fehler: Konnte den Vorgang nicht durchführen (In Konflikt stehende Dateien)
psmisc: /usr/share/man/de/man1/fuser.1.gz existiert im Dateisystem (gehört zu man-pages-de)
psmisc: /usr/share/man/de/man1/killall.1.gz existiert im Dateisystem (gehört zu man-pages-de)
psmisc: /usr/share/man/de/man1/peekfd.1.gz existiert im Dateisystem (gehört zu man-pages-de)
psmisc: /usr/share/man/de/man1/prtstat.1.gz existiert im Dateisystem (gehört zu man-pages-de)
psmisc: /usr/share/man/de/man1/pslog.1.gz existiert im Dateisystem (gehört zu man-pages-de)
psmisc: /usr/share/man/de/man1/pstree.1.gz existiert im Dateisystem (gehört zu man-pages-de)
Fehler sind aufgetreten, keine Pakete wurden aktualisiert.

this? [Testing Update] 2021-02-09 - Kernels, AMDVLK, Palemoon, Firefox-dev, Firefox, Haskell, Python - #5 by philm

yep, I overwrite the files and it will update

If overwritten, a possible update of either psmisc or man-pages-de without those will leave you with missing (german) man pages. At least until the other one will be reinstalled…

edit: This happened just now with the updated man-pages-de package. To get those german man pages back, reinstall psmisc afterwards. It will warn about it’s missing files on uninstallation and put them back.

1 Like

Hi, sorry for the late reaction,
FYI,

1. a few days ago, after doing a minor update (no kernel …), I rebooted to find: /bin /usr/bin empty …
    I had to reinstall the chrooted dead-man with pacman … seems all good .
  2. I have tried kernel 5.11, some games trigger a HardLockup with the Nvidia drivers during game launching.

FYI, this is an installation with the .21 rc iso, it worked perfectly for me.(and I noticed a big gain in speed installation)

I’ve got dosfstools: local (4.2-1) is newer than core (4.1-3.0) ?

1 Like

Mesa-git needs to be updated again, conflict with libelf package.

yes installing lib32-libelf (0.183-3) breaks dependency 'lib32-elfutils' required by lib32-mesa-git

the latest update with plasma 5.21 is a bit messed, but easy to solve. When I updated the package plasma-desktop-primex (5.20.5) prevented the installation of plasma-desktop 5.21 and there were various issues of course because of this.
So I just manually installed plasma-desktop 5.21 (it removes plasma-desktop-primex)
An alternative solution can be to just wait until the primex package reach the 5.21

normally that package should have not been installed the first place …

The manjaro installation is quite recent, it was either installed by default or it was suggested in the first update after installed the system because I didn’t install it manually.
Anyway I hope this info can be useful to someone

please rebuild mesa-git and lib32-mesa-git

I didn’t have this conflict. Since I don’t have fingerprint reader, I’m fine with plasma-desktop and this package was correctly updated.