[Unstable Update] 2020-12-02 - BREAKAGE EXPECTED - Python 3.9, Nvidia driver simplification, KDE-git

• apparmor
  • caffeine-ng
  • gestures
  • gnome-tweaks

need to be fixed as well.

1 Like

Saw many refreshes of mirror servers. Mine almost constantly was red, waited several hours to make constant refreshes to settle down. Grabbed updates on 2020-Dec-02 21:57:00 +0 UTC. Got 146 package updates. Rebooted.
Looks like upgrade went smoothly. No any manual action was done by me yet.
Thank you!

so i’ll need to go up to 5.10 and 455? i’d been sticking with 5.8 and 450 because the kernel panic bug is stll around. i can drop back to 5.4 and 435, though, so that will hold me over.

however, the thread on that bug links to a patch that may solve the problem. will you incorporate it?

That bug doesn’t seem to be affecting everyone. I’ve been using nvidia 455 with kernel 5.9 seemingly without any issues.

gufw 20.04.1-4 still has some files in /usr/lib/python3.8.

grub-vanilla needs to be rebuilt after latest unstable updates. grub-probe fails to run because of a missing libzfs.so.2. As a result linux59 kernel update does not complete.

I installed the grub package then reinstalled linux59 so I could boot my system.

1 Like

pythonqt is still in our repos when it was dropped from arch repos and requires python 3.8.

Also …

$ pacman -Qoq /usr/lib/python3.8
apparmor
python-pyparted

They’re most likely leftover, untracked files and safe to remove. Check with:

pacman -Qo /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/gufw*

Nothing requires it, it’s now removed.

Updated along with mintstick.

As I remember, I’ve checked them with pacman -Qo /usr/lib/python3.8 and they do belong to gufw, but I didn’t take my computer with me today, so I cannot have a double check currently.:confused:

Gnome-tweaks is also broken:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/gnome-tweaks", line 17, in <module>
    import gtweak
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'gtweak'
2 Likes

Hi all (and team)!

I’ve noticed that some of these packages (like xorg-server and its dependencies) and some packages fom the previous testing update (like plasma-desktop and all its components) have made it through to the stable branch.

Was this intentional ?
For the moment I’ve postponed this (stable) update.
Should I proceed with this update or not?

If you’re unsure wait for an announcement in the appropriate forum section #announcements:stable-updates

Thank you.

I thought I had got away with it, but I was wrong:

pikaur -Syu
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pikaur", line 5, in <module>
    from pikaur.main import main
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pikaur'

Pikaur version 1.6.13-1

Better way to resolve this use „Pamac“ from Manjaro. It’s there own package manager (AUR - Helper)

1 Like

Received update 20.04.1-4.1, and those files truly became leftovers :sweat_smile:

I’m temporarily using gnome-tweaks-git from AUR to avoid this issue. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Normally I do use pamac, but it doesn’t work in conjunction with systemd-nspawn which is why I use pikaur at times because that does work with it. I won’t bore you with the reasons why that is so, they are too complicated to explain.

Just found out that I have lost all printing ability now as well (hp printer - and yes I have reinstalled hplip). All connections to localhost are dead so forget cups I can’t even get the page up, and the Manjaro print settings just says ‘not connected’ all the time (obviously for the same reason) so that is no use either. I will let you know if I get a solution.
Edit. lo is up and accepting pings but nothing else.

Edit2. Solved sudo systemctl enable cups
sudo systemctl start cups

What the hell switched the service off I haven’t at clue.