[Unstable Update] 2020-09-13 - Kernels, Qt 5.15.1, Browser, Pamac

yakuake has a white background now…

Dark as ever on my end. Did you try re-applying profiles and/or background color settings?

@freggel.doe

thanks,
re-applying the breeze profile as in my Konsole fixed it
(no breath2 here)

gparted issue is fixed with 5.8.9-2 (GNOME)
verified.

1 Like

yes i am sure that this was the case.
however, it no longer is.

therefore, i have downgraded to the official version as well:

1 Like

Yeah. -3 was there for like 30 minutes. Then it was set back to -1

1 Like

probably a packaging error.

but if an important package is broken, i do not mind such a thing. and after all - it was corrected later.

All good. I didn’t want to complain but just explain what happened :wink:

I think it was just that Bernhard forgot to put it pkgrel back to 1 when updating the PKGBUILD and then quickly fixed it and set it to 1 while 3 already hit the repos (if I would be doing it, this would happen to me all the time I guess :joy: )

1 Like

Hi,

whats about Gnome 3.38 :innocent:

EDIT:
I think, expressed in german: “Niemand hat vor, Gnome 3.38 einzuführen…”

With the latest version of vulkan-icd-loader and lib32-vulkan-icd-loader games now crash on start. On arch repos there is a new version available, this version fix the problem.

1 Like

It’s fixed with 1.2.153-2.

1 Like

I appear to have run into some mkinitcpio trouble with the latest kernel images. The vmlinuzs aren’t copied into /boot for some reason? See:

error ouput

==> Building image from preset: /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux54.preset: ‘default’
-> -k /boot/vmlinuz-5.4-x86_64 -c /etc/mkinitcpio.conf -g /boot/initramfs-5.4-x86_64.img
==> ERROR: specified kernel image does not exist: /boot/vmlinuz-5.4-x86_64' ==> Building image from preset: /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux54.preset: 'fallback' -> -k /boot/vmlinuz-5.4-x86_64 -c /etc/mkinitcpio.conf -g /boot/initramfs-5.4-x86_64-fallback.img -S autodetect ==> ERROR: specified kernel image does not exist: /boot/vmlinuz-5.4-x86_64’
==> Building image from preset: /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux58.preset: ‘default’
-> -k /boot/vmlinuz-5.8-x86_64 -c /etc/mkinitcpio.conf -g /boot/initramfs-5.8-x86_64.img
==> ERROR: specified kernel image does not exist: /boot/vmlinuz-5.8-x86_64' ==> Building image from preset: /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux58.preset: 'fallback' -> -k /boot/vmlinuz-5.8-x86_64 -c /etc/mkinitcpio.conf -g /boot/initramfs-5.8-x86_64-fallback.img -S autodetect ==> ERROR: specified kernel image does not exist: /boot/vmlinuz-5.8-x86_64’

I checked pacman.log, 90-mkinitcpio-install.hook did indeed run before attempting to build the images. cryptsetup, mkinitcpio, linux54, linux58, and sudo were all updated with this run. Trying to reinstall them isn’t helping…

see in testing

@philm, @nightmare-2021 ,@oberon can you recheck mkinitcpio ?

thx for your tip … rename or copy from /boot/vmlinuz-linux58 to /boot/vmlinuz-5.8-x86_64

Lmfao! Thanks for the tip @Lila-Kuh & @freggel.doe here.

The font issue I reported on KDE-Dev has been fixed upstream, and is also resolved on Manjaro KDE-Dev.

(overlay) sndio package seems to have been dropped from repositories and the versioning schema changed, leading to:

warning: sndio: local (20180120-1) is newer than community (1.7.0-3)

Installed version seems quite old as well.

Name            : sndio
Version         : 20180120-1
Packager        : Bernhard Landauer <oberon@manjaro.org>
Build Date      : Sa 20 Jan 2018 10:36:45 CET
Install Reason  : Installed as a dependency for another package

It’s listed as an optional dependency of libquicktime on my system.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Questions about Pamac and Manjaro branches

I have the same issue. How to resolve this properly?

If the package is a real orphan and not marked explicitly installed, then why not do an -Rns on it?

ghostpcl>=9.53.2-2 and ghostxps>=9.53.2-2 updates require manual intervention

2020-10-01 - Jan Alexander Steffens

The ghostpcl and ghostxps packages prior to version 9.53.2-2 were missing a soname link each. This has been fixed in 9.53.2-2, so the upgrade will need to overwrite the untracked files created by ldconfig. If you get any of these errors

ghostpcl: /usr/lib/libgpcl6.so.9 exists in filesystem
ghostxps: /usr/lib/libgxps.so.9 exists in filesystem

when updating, use

pacman -Syu --overwrite /usr/lib/libgpcl6.so.9,/usr/lib/libgxps.so.9

to perform the upgrade.

https://www.archlinux.org/news/ghostpcl9532-2-and-ghostxps9532-2-updates-require-manual-intervention/