[Unstable Update] 2020-08-19 - Nvidia 450.66, Deepin, Pamac, KDE-git, Python, Haskell

Sad that vim would be never maintained :frowning:

1 Like

Tested: Kernel 5.9rc1.d0816.g9123e3a-1.
No Support for Realtek RTL8125B on B550 Board.
No Hope, no Dope…
(O.K. - no r8169 extra-module yet :innocent: )

EDIT:
(joke see above, NOW honest:
B550 chipset and-or Ryzen 7 3700X not recognized by kernel5.9

kernel: __common_interrupt: 1.55 No irq handler for vector

kernel: __common_interrupt: 10.55 No irq handler for vector

After the latest pam update or systemd I’m getting log messages like this:

systemd[776]: pam_systemd_home(systemd-user:account): Failed to query user record: Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.home1.service not found.

gdm-password][1173]: pam_systemd_home(gdm-password:account): Failed to query user record: Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.home1.service not found.

systemd[1180]: pam_systemd_home(systemd-user:account): Failed to query user record: Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.home1.service not found.

This is similar to this Arch Linux topic. Anything to worry about or should i just ignore it as i don’t use this service?

1 Like

Same here

systemd[1603]: pam_systemd_home(systemd-user:account): Failed to query user record: Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.home1.service not found.
sddm-helper[2393]: pam_systemd_home(sddm:account): Failed to query user record: Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.home1.service not found.
sshd[141432]: pam_systemd_home(sshd:account): Failed to query user record: Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.home1.service not found.
1 Like

can ignore
or if you want, can comment all lines with pam_systemd_home in /etc/pam.d/*

1 Like

Hi all, Tested: Kernel 5.9rc1.d0816.g9123e3a-1. it has issues here with lightdm-webkit on 5.8.2-1 i have no issues at all at the moment…

After the latest pam update or systemd I’m getting log messages like this:

Try:
sudo systemctl enable systemd-homed.service

New feature with colonel 59.

1 Like

Good news:

Realtek LAN RTL8125B is now supported by linux59
I had only to de-activate “blacklist 8169”, reboot an it works…
(linux59-r8169 not needed).

1 Like

systemctl do not need sudo

kernel 5.8.x still does not correctly initialize the renesas USB cards so they are inoperable on this series (They work fine on earlier kernels).

There is a patched version of the xhci-pci-renesas.c module in linux_next which attempts to address this.

Any chance of getting a 5.8.3 kernel built with this patch??

thanks

FYI

linux kernel 5.8.x series’ included rtl8723bu wifi driver now works on my litebook so there is no need for the separate Manjaro build of this module (at least for my laptop -) )

systemctl do not need sudo

I forgot. May be dangerous to allow user to change admin-funktions, but this is discussed already… :sneezing_face:

1 Like

@pux too
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Systemd-homed

Built an iso and it fails to boot for the install, uefi with non free drivers nvidia, free drivers boots Ok
Problem with mhwd perhaps and nvidia 450?
Note auto install of propriety drivers after installation also works.

This is also an important thing which is worth reading:
https://systemd.io/CONVERTING_TO_HOMED/

1 Like

I was hoping xfce4-weather-plugin v0.10.1-2 fixed this and this, but apparently they’re still advising flavor maintainers to compile trunk/master (versus issuing a proper release for some reason.) That message about using the old weather API has been displayed for months now so it’ll theoretically break any day now without the patch?
:neutral_face: :confused:

1 Like

@nightmare-2021 after the update to kernel 5.8.3-1 I get in journalctl:

manjaro kernel: piix4_smbus 0000:00:14.0: SMBus region 0xb20 already in use!

Is this serious?

Only think I found was this. We have to look into it …

1 Like