Unknown key of DEB_Arch_Extra.db.sig

Hello ! Since the last upgrade of manjaro-system I am unable to install any package due to an unknown key of DEB_Arch_Extra.db.sig :

❯ pamac update
Preparation...
Synchronization of package databases...
Update of DEB_Arch_Extra.db...                                                               
Downloading DEB_Arch_Extra.db. (DEB_Arch_Extra.db.si)...                                      
Error: DEB_Arch_Extra.db.sig: DEB_Arch_Extra : the key "8F208FBF12FEE766AA32AEAF03C3AD3A7F068E5D" is unknown
Error: DEB_Arch_Extra.db.sig: DEB_Arch_Extra : the signature of "MegaLimited <support@mega.co.nz>" is of unknown confidence
invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature)
Nothing to do.
Transaction completed successfully.
Above message is translated. Click here to view the original message (in french) :
❯ pamac update
Préparation...
Synchronisation des bases de données des paquets...
Actualisation de DEB_Arch_Extra.db...                                                               
Téléchargement de DEB_Arch_Extra.db. (DEB_Arch_Extra.db.si)...                                      
Erreur: DEB_Arch_Extra.db.sig: DEB_Arch_Extra : la clé « 8F208FBF12FEE766AA32AEAF03C3AD3A7F068E5D » est inconnue
Erreur: DEB_Arch_Extra.db.sig: DEB_Arch_Extra : la signature de « MegaLimited <support@mega.co.nz> » est de confiance inconnue
base de données non valide ou corrompue (signature PGP)
Rien à faire.
Transaction terminée avec succès.

I have manually recreated gpg keys for pacman with the following commands, but the error persists :

sudo rm -rf /etc/pacman.d/gnupg
sudo pacman-key --init
sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux manjaro
sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys

I have another computer using Manjaro, and everything works correctly on it. Can anyone help me ?

Remove or comment out Mega’s repo in your /etc/pacman.conf, then update. You can try adding their repo again after.

1 Like

Thanks for the help, I had totally forgotten that I had added this repo. :sweat_smile:

Did you locally sign the key after adding the repo?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.