Unable to set default application in KDE

Hi, I have been facing this issue since the beginning, but now i am frustrated with it.

On starting the chrome, it shows “Set as Default”, I click on it and i goes. When i checked the system settings i found, chrome is already set as default browser

I need to work with PostgreSQL, so i installed pgadmin4, After installing it, i am no longer open any url / html file in chrome. I had to uninstall the pgadmin4, clear all caches and then open the urls in chrome. This is truly frustrating and inefficient

So when i open any URL from console, or even xdg-open https://google.com

Maybe you should set this in File Associations?

Yeah try editing the html and the xhtml type like this

Already done that bro :stuck_out_tongue: still same problem

Not only problem with html files, but also with links (from the terminal)

1 Like

I’m having the same issue i recently switched to kde and i do remember having the same issue with xfce but i didn’t have that issue for long and i don’t remember how it got fixed . i just tested this on another xfce machine and it works perfectly . I’m not sure if this is a kde issue or manjaro issue

Did you get any solutions?

I installed thunar and then changed the default file manager to thunar and all of a sudden my default application for web browser is working perfectly fine as well as file manager
:slightly_smiling_face:

btw for me it was painful for me to get pgadmin4 working in linux (downgrading flask or running in docker ) . dbeaver-ce is great alternative .

sudo snap install dbeaver-ce