Unable to open appimage "libselinux.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I downloaded the appimage for soulseek but after trying to run it through the terminal it get “./SoulseekQt-2018-1-30-64bit.AppImage: error while loading shared libraries: libselinux.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory” and trying to open i from the file manager/explorer doesn’t do anything.

looked around for a fix but nothing seemed to work, most people asking about it were on very different distros like ubuntu

There is libselinux aur package, but actually, there is also AUR package called soulseekqt. But wait, there is actually an alternative client in the repositories, called Nicotine+. The last one is what i would recommend for a novice user.

ArchLinux and therefore also Manjaro doesn’t support SELinux. Its origin is from Redhat. On Distros like Fedora you would need that and well, it is hardcoded here.

On the AUR it builds a fakelib to overcome this circumstance. It uses the same AppImage.

pamac build soulseekqt
1 Like

Thank you, it worked

I’ll try Nicotine+ but gonna stick to the version I got downloaded for now, thank you

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.