Unable to mount an FTP to a folder using /etc/fstab and curlftpfs

I’m trying to mount my NAS as a local folder using FTP. Following the instructions provided here, I added the following line to my /etc/fstab file:

curlftpfs#USER:PASSWORD@ftp.example.com /mnt/nas fuse auto,user,uid=3000,allow_other,_netdev 0 0

This is after I created the /mnt/nas folder. 3000 is my user’s ID and of course, I replaced the credentials with my own.

But when I run mount -a, I face the following prompt:

❯ mount -a
mount: Partition: must be superuser to use mount.
       dmesg(1) may have more information after failed mount system call.
mount: (hint) your fstab has been modified, but systemd still uses
       the old version; use 'systemctl daemon-reload' to reload.
fuse: bad mount point `/mnt/nas': No such file or directory

And if I restart the machine, it does not boot until I remove the line from /etc/fstab. Can someone please tell me what am I doing wrong? I’ve tested the FTP access using FileZilla and it works. Even the following command works:

❯ curlftpfs ftp://USER:PASSWORD@ftp.example.com/ ~/nas

The only scenario that does not work is when I use /etc/fstab.

[UPDATE]

I just realized that in the scenarios that the curlftpfs works, my access to the FTP server is read-only. While when I use FileZilla with the same credentials, it’s read and write!

[UPDATE]

After a closer look, I realized that I do have write access but when I try to create a new file, Dolphin shows this error message:

Could not write to /home/mehran/nas/test/Text File.txt.part.

But if I use nano or even Kate, both can write into a file within that folder. I can even create new folders too. It’s just creating new files using Dolphin is failing. Perhaps this part could be overlooked.

Back to the original question, why editing /etc/fstab is failing?