Unable To install Proprietary Driver

I am enable to AUTO INSTALL PROPRIETARY DRIVERS.
it is showing This error in Manjaro KDE plasma.

Starting
Using config 'video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-390xx-bumblebee' for device: 0000:01:00.0 (0300:10de:0df1) Display controller nVidia Corporation GF108M [GeForce GT 420M]
Using config 'video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-390xx-bumblebee' for device: 0000:00:02.0 (0300:8086:0046) Display controller Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller
Installing video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-390xx-bumblebee...
Sourcing /etc/mhwd-x86_64.conf
Has lib32 support: true
Sourcing /var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/graphic_drivers/hybrid-intel-nvidia-390xx-bumblebee/MHWDCONFIG
Processing classid: 0300
Sourcing /var/lib/mhwd/scripts/include/0300
:: Synchronizing package databases...
error: failed to update core (unable to lock database)
error: failed to update extra (unable to lock database)
error: failed to update community (unable to lock database)
error: failed to update multilib (unable to lock database)
error: failed to synchronize all databases
Error: pacman failed!
Error: script failed!
Done ...

Maybe try going to the Nvidia website and download the proprietary driver for your GPU and install it that way.

Just an idea:-

why…

You could try this see if it works

Dont do that. Thats likely a ticket to a broken system.

1. Don’t follow this advice. Not really a good fit for Manjaro.

2. Go to a terminal and do:

sudo pacman-mirrors --fasttrack --interactive
    sudo pacman --sync --refresh --refresh
    mhwd --install pci video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-390xx-bumblebee

and report back with the output

3. when providing code/output, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text so that the output looks like this:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
    Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
    Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur.
    Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

instead of like this:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

(as that makes our life much easier so you get helped more quickly and efficiently)
    As I’m an editor on this site, I’ve fixed it for you in your original post, but you just got lucky as I won’t necessarily see your next post… :grin:

:+1:

Worst idea that you have. That will break Manjaro. Unless you know all Manjaro & Arch Linux, pacman, and everything else about THAT like the back of your hand, don’t do it.