Tuff Gaming 5600 2 Gpu inside what is best?

inxi -Gazy will list the GPUs in the machine, and which one is used for OpenGL rendering.

1 Like

Awesome mate thanks for that .OpenGL: renderer: AMD RENOIR (DRM 3.38.0 5.8.18-1-MANJARO LLVM 11.0.0)
v: 4.6 Mesa 20.2.3 direct render: Yes

I have a screen shot but not sure i can share it .So my GPU im running on is AMD .please how to switch to Nvidia.

After you’ve installed the nvidia drivers in Manjaro Settings Manager > Hardware Configuration, and the nvidia-prime package, you can run any program on the NVIDIA GPU by using prime-run <command>.

1 Like

Ok i went to hardware configuration found Nvidia driver prime 455 click it but cant fill the box ?Sorry says its installed on the right .do i need to install all the items that say 455.?

How to provide good information

Configure Graphics Cards - Manjaro

2 Likes

I tried to install yay following the instructions on you tube for making nvidia gpu primary .I get an error command not found in the konsole sudo pacman -S yay
yay -Syu
yay -S nvidia
yay -S base-devel
yay -S optimus-manager optimus-manager-qt
sudo systemctl enable optimus-manager .I was able to follow an install method to manually install yay.

Found a Xorg config file at ‘/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-mhwd.conf’.This file was auto-generated by the Manjaro driver utility (MHWD). This will likely interfere with GPU switching, so Optimus Manager will delete this file automatically if you proceded with GPU switching.

Proceed?ok so after finding a video for How to setup optimus manager on manjaro by Denshihelp.i get this at the switch to nvidia

If i click yes the PC reboots,and doesn’t save nvidia as default,if i say no to the above error.my guess is it switches to the onboard gpu .Has anyone else had this problem with optimus manager .?

If i click yes pc reboots.

You can proceed. It shouldn’t cause any problems.

1 Like

I did and the pc shuts down and reboots,what is the cmd to check please if nvidia is set to defaults

Well, it shouldn’t reboot, only log you out and restart the Xorg server. glxinfo -B will tell you the current OpenGL renderer.

1 Like

Thank you i will check .When i click the yes the screen goes black then is back on the start page to login so i am thinking it does reboot.

Can you post the entire output of inxi -Fazy?

1 Like

will do

How can i take a long screen shot please .The result is long

You can copy from the terminal, just select the text and press Ctrl+Shift+C, that should work. Alternatively run inxi -Fazy > ~/inxi.out and then open the inxi.out file in your home dirctory and then post that.

1 Like