Ttf-twemoji-color still B&W

I’ve removed noto-fonts-emoji and replaced it with ttf-bitstream-vera and ttf-twemoji-color. However, all of my system emojis are still in black and white. How do I solve this?

XY Problem detected. You’re asking about your attempted solution rather than your actual problem. This leads to enormous amounts of wasted time and energy, both on the part of people asking for help and on the part of those providing help.

Respectfully, I disagree. My problem is that ttf-twemoji-color isn’t showing up as color emojis, rather, they’re appearing as black-and-white emojis. I don’t know how to fix this, hence the post on the forums.

I think you should read the comments on the AUR page of this package.
Some configuration steps are required - and it is mentioned that they are still only b&w

Just removing noto-fonts-emoji will not make this one work as expected
which is what was implied in how you initially asked your question.

1 Like

This issue with this package specifically is unresolved, though I am now using a different package altogether that fixes my issue. ttf-twemoji will show display color emojis, in case anyone else has trouble with this package. I think it might be best to close this topic.

I did make things a bit more convoluted than I should’ve when creating this topic, and for that I apologize. noto-fonts-emoji wasn’t even relevant and I probably shouldn’t have brought it up in the first place. With that said, I appreciate you bringing up the AUR page. I’m not used to browsing them, and I should probably get in the habit of doing so.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.