Trying to chroot into encrypted drive after interrupted update

Hello,

I was running Manjaro on an encrypted removable flash drive until an update got interrupted and have been trying to chroot and reinstall the missing kernels, i followed the instructions in https://forum.manjaro.org/t/howto-recovering-from-an-interrupted-update-upgrade/132762 and get this output

[manjaro-gnome ~]# manjaro-chroot -a
==> Mounting (ManjaroLinux) [/dev/sda2]
 --> mount: [/mnt]
[root@manjaro-gnome /]# /dev/sdb2
bash: /dev/sdb2: Permission denied
[root@manjaro-gnome /]# 

Im currently running Manjaro installer ISO off Oracle virtualbox and can open the encrypted flash drive in Files with the password but can’t seem to figure out how to chroot from the terminal.

I’m pretty new to linux, if more information is needed let me know and i’ll do my best to provide it.

Since decrypted already, something like that:

manjaro-chroot /run/media/$USER/partitioname /bin/bash

This is my result

[manjaro-gnome ~]# manjaro-chroot /run/media/manjaro/3f8fa4a7-afb9-4f7a-900b-f9d57dd826c8
sh-5.2# 

where do i go from here?

Moderator edit: In the future, please use proper formatting: [HowTo] Post command output and file content as formatted text

verify that you are actually in chroot

This seems rather unlikely to have actually succeeded.

i’ve updated my previous post with the correct output, i think i copy/paste the wrong thing

[manjaro-gnome ~]# manjaro-chroot /run/media/manjaro/3f8fa4a7-afb9-4f7a-900b-f9d57dd826c8
sh-5.2# 

From here how do I verify I’m in chroot or what other step should i take now that ive entered the correct info