Troubleshoot Old files conflicting

@Yochanan please dont take it disrespectful nor rude; im trying to keep the forum clean and ask the question in smart way. The problem might be about 3rd-party and/or kernel --for including system files/stuff-- and/or system upgrade. So i wonder can you please, add/delete whatever takes the right place for it ?

1-) After i3 i installed sway then after hyprland. Even in the sway i was facing with some errors/warnings. Many git pages saying different. So can i check all dependencies is installed ?

2-) I was using lightdm and sddm, even after uninstall, i can see the files are not gone. And i have a few other uninstalled stuff. So in pacman -Qkk i saw its causing problems. So is there a command for whichever i uninstalled, it will delete the existing files ?

3-) Should i use sway with hyprland ? Installed programs (a realized a few of em) not seeing installed OR giving me errors. Its in sway, its installed. And hyprland and sway have common files. So im afraid it will crush eventually. Where is the logs for it ?

***For example, i was trying to set background, when i tried to run the program it said cant open display :0 and xprop not working BUT it was working on sway.

PLUS I was uninstalled NVIDIA but in somehow, its installed and working :slight_smile: Im not worried about, but should i ? :smiley:

Thanks for any help/guidance.

I’m not sure what to make of all that …

But

What do you mean?
Check for missing dependencies? Of all installed packages?
I guess you could just reinstall your packages

sudo pacman -Syu $(pacman -Qnq)

lightdm and sddm are both display managers. you cannot use them at the same time.

Again I dont know what you mean.

Maybe show us system info?

mhwd -li -l
inxi -Fazy
1 Like

Thank you for your help.

I meant check for missing dependencies for hyprland, yes. And will it be smart to reinstall ? Because with that i can see the conflicting packages and unsintall them. But the fact is i dont know what hyprlan required packages. Like i said in every git pages/links its different.

I now, im not using either right now. But their files exist and causing problems. I have other packages like them, im asking about how to remove the files for uninstalled packages ?

Sway does not support and cant launch with any kind of GPU, thats why i was uninstalled my NVIDIA GPU. But now its installed. (It may be because i copy+paste dependencies for hyprland from a git page which including). But hyprland warning us to, it may launch without problem with GPU but make sure its all okay, set it properly. So how can i check ?

mhwd not installed and i guess mhwd-nvidia is out of date. Should i install it ? Sorry for bothering but dont want to crush anything.
Installed inxi:

Graphics:
   evice-1: NVIDIA GP107 [GeForce GTX 1050 Ti] vendor: eVga.com.
    driver: nouveau v: kernel non-free: 545.xx+ status: current (as of 2023-10;
    EOL~2026-12-xx) arch: Pascal code: GP10x process: TSMC 16nm
    built: 2016-2021 pcie: gen: 1 speed: 2.5 GT/s lanes: 16 link-max: gen: 3
    speed: 8 GT/s ports: active: HDMI-A-1 empty: DP-1,DVI-D-1 bus-ID: 01:00.0
    chip-ID: 10de:1c82 class-ID: 0300 temp: 34.0 C
  Display: server: X.org v: 1.21.1.10 with: Xwayland v: 23.2.3
    compositor: Hyprland driver: X: loaded: N/A alternate: nouveau gpu: nouveau
    display-ID: :0
  Monitor-1: HDMI-A-1 model: Samsung S24F350 serial: <filter> built: 2020
    res: 1920x1080 dpi: 94 gamma: 1.2 size: 521x293mm (20.51x11.54")
    diag: 598mm (23.5") ratio: 16:9 modes: max: 1920x1080 min: 720x400
  API: OpenGL Message: Unable to show GL data. glxinfo is missing.

Audio:
   Device-2: NVIDIA GP107GL High Definition Audio vendor: eVga.com.
    driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel pcie: gen: 1 speed: 2.5 GT/s lanes: 16
    link-max: gen: 3 speed: 8 GT/s bus-ID: 01:00.1 chip-ID: 10de:0fb9
    class-ID: 0403

Should i uninstall sway ?
And what about -Qkk broken packages ?

Thanks for help, appreciated.

It appears you are not using manjaro ?

Well, it explains not having mhwd as those are manjaro packages.

Your general question might be similar to this thread:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.