Trackpad Issues

Hi All,

I’m brand new to Linux, and I’ve just installed GNOME 21.2rc1 onto my gen 1 Lenovo Thinkpad Helix. Manjaro runs beautifully on it, however initially the trackpad works fine, but the helix can detach both the keyboard & touchpad from the screen to convert it to a tablet mode, and when this happens the touchpad fails to reconnect, however, the keyboard is detected just fine.

I believe this might be a driver issue, with the trackpad driver not being pulled in after docking the keyboard, and I was wondering if anyone has run into issues like this before, or if I could be pointed in the right direction to make a script like…

on keyboard-connected
{
refresh_trackpad_driver()
}

At this point, I’ve tried the following…

I’ve found that the device is called TPPS/2 IBM Trackpoint by executing libinput list-devices. so the trackpad is detected, even after redocking

when executing libinput debug-events it is detected at first, however after undocking and redocking the trackpad is not detected in libinput debug-events.

I am loving the Manjaro experience so far, and if any advice could be given it would be much appreciated.