Touchpad usability degrades over time

I have had this issue nearly daily for the past 6 months. It seems over time my touchpad becomes less responsive. It starts by not registering the odd inputs. Then if I haven’t used it for a bit it will ignore all input until clicked again. Then it might require I rest a finger on the left click area to detect input. sometimes it might require that I hold the left click button to register any input. And then, it will eventually fail to register any input regardless of what I do. At this point, only a reboot will allow me to use it normally again. But anywhere from 4-16 hours later its usability will, again, start to degrade.

I did at one point have a 2-month-or-so stint running endeavorOS and I don’t recall having the same issue. Assuming that was the case, and given that a reboot temporarily fixes the problem, I’d be surprised if it were a hardware issue.

Given its infrequency, I’ve held off doing anything about it, but it’s really starting to annoy me now, and I can’t seem to find any applicable solutions to it.

The touchpad comes up in cat /proc/bus/input/devices | grep -i name as DELL0824:00 06CB:7E92 Touchpad.

If anyone has any potential solutions, I’d love to hear them.