Tmux started from a ssh session quits when ssh disconnects

On a fresh install of manjaro-gnome 21.0, I found when I started a new tmux session while I was ssh-ing to the machine and then detached from the tmux and disconnected the ssh, the running tmux session got killed.

After some digging into the issue, I got to know the existence of a logind setting KillUserProcesses, and also found this file.

$ cat "/etc/systemd/logind.conf.d/20-kill-user-processes.conf"
[Login]
KillUserProcesses=yes

I don’t remember I created that file myself, and pacman doesn’t find a package owns the file.

sudo pacman -Qo  "/etc/systemd/logind.conf.d/20-kill-user-processes.conf"
[sudo] password for krim:
error: No package owns /etc/systemd/logind.conf.d/20-kill-user-processes.conf

I wonder if the file is part of the release or somehow is generated during changing other system configurations.

I have not been able to find it anywhere in the build configurations.

On my system I don’t even have the drop-in config folder.

It seems likely you have run a configuration tool which have created the drop-in config as it seems to be non-standard.

Thanks for confirmation. And yeah that’s what I thought.
However the time stamp on the file was saying that it was older than the fresh system installation date. So I though it could be part of the distribution or a system package that simply extracted the file there.

Anyway, I ended up just commenting the whole file content and the issue was resolved.

I had the same problem and I also found this config file on my freshly installed system. Any idea where it came from?

Please don’t necrobump an 8-month old topic.

Last time I didn’t check the iso-profiles - and the setting is only added to the gnome iso-profile.

I assume it is done to prevent issues with long shut-down/restart.