Timeshift-gtk not doing scheduled snapshots

I realized that Timeshift is not doing scheduled snapshots and I need to fix that, since I had to reinstall the whole system some days ago (due to an erroneous update).

I use GNOME and have a 500 GB hard drive connected via SATA inside the computer, used for snapshots.
First, I thought the problem was that the drive was not mounting correctly, so Timeshift couldn’t either write to it. So I added a line in /etc/fstab for the drive to mount at boot:

# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
# Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a device; this may
# be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices that works even if
# disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
#
# <file system>                          <mount point>  <type>  <options>  <dump>  <pass>
UUID=1d871aad-5cd8-497a-bace-e94b8a4a267b /              ext4    defaults,noatime 0 1
UUID=17555010-1d04-4efa-88e6-608775beac7b /home          ext4    defaults,noatime 0 2
tmpfs                                     /tmp           tmpfs   defaults,noatime,mode=1777 0 0
UUID=ab407668-7db1-4f7d-a1b3-6386d2092245 /run/timeshift/1799/backup ext4 defaults 0 0

In the last line, I indicated to mount the drive at /run/timeshift/1799/backup, where the drive gets mounted when I do an ondemand snapshot in Timeshift.

But this didn’t solve the problem and Timeshift doesn’t do scheduled snapshots.

The last scheduled snapshot was done in February of 2022 (2022/02/??)

Do you have any hint, any idea to fix this?

1 Like

The answer is in:

2 Likes

Thanks, the problem was that the service cronie was inactive.
So this was the solution, from Timeshift doesn't work korrektly:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.