Tile within kde using krohnkite from the aur

hi all was doing a bit of research on i3 whilst running kde, i found a great aur package called krohnkite.
once installed, in applications search for kwin, open and tick the krohnkite script, it tiles like dwm.
so the benefit of tiling and the benefit of kde, win win, give it a try :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

The tiling in KDE Plasma and krohnkite was discussed in the old forum a lot. Nothing new for us. I’ve been using it for almost 2 years now. :slight_smile:

sorry its old news, just thought it was worth sharing, i usually ask questions, so thought i would contribute, so that others can benefit.

1 Like

:+1: Thank you for sharing with the community! :+1:

Could you do me a favour and split that into an actual question and a (more detailed) answer (with exact commands) and then please mark a solution like this:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

done Fabby, thanks for guiding me

Huh? Where is the question and where is the answer?

:thinking:

hi i want to use tiling within kde, can i use krohnkite?

download krohnkite from the aur, via pamac or via terminal.
once installed, go into the application menu and search for kwin scripts.
tick next to krohnkite and click apply
your kde desktop will now tile like a dwm tiling window manager.

@atg - was no need to create another topic with the same subject. You could mark the self solved here too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.