I updated my Mirror List before proceeding and i get this error:

looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (2) botan2-2.19.3-1  thunderbird-115.3.3-1

Total Download Size:    44.52 MiB
Total Installed Size:  206.02 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
:: Retrieving packages...
 thunderbird-115.3.3-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz failed to download
error: failed retrieving file 'thunderbird-115.3.3-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz' from manjaro.kurdy.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'thunderbird-115.3.3-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz' from coresite.mm.fcix.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'thunderbird-115.3.3-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz' from volico.mm.fcix.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'thunderbird-115.3.3-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz' from ridgewireless.mm.fcix.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'thunderbird-115.3.3-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz' from uvermont.mm.fcix.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'thunderbird-115.3.3-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.xenyth.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'thunderbird-115.3.3-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirrors.ocf.berkeley.edu : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'thunderbird-115.3.3-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.albony.xyz : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'thunderbird-115.3.3-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.alpix.eu : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'thunderbird-115.3.3-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.init7.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'thunderbird-115.3.3-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.archlinux.tw : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'thunderbird-115.3.3-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirrors.up.pt : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'thunderbird-115.3.3-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz' from ftp.lysator.liu.se : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'thunderbird-115.3.3-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.netcologne.de : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'thunderbird-115.3.3-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.easyname.at : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'thunderbird-115.3.3-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz' from manjaro.c3sl.ufpr.br : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'thunderbird-115.3.3-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz' from muug.ca : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'thunderbird-115.3.3-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.23m.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'thunderbird-115.3.3-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz' from ftpmirror1.infania.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
warning: failed to retrieve some files
error: failed to commit transaction (failed to retrieve some files)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

is this due to an unedited config file? or do i need to keep searching for mirrors?
and i could install the tar.zst file easily but i want to know what;s blocking terminal from completing this transaction.

Are you not connected to the internet?
Are your mirrors ok?

sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Syu thunderbird

(the above pacman-mirrors command will sort all mirrors globally. See man pacman-mirrors for all options)

Aditionally, check the Manjaro Mirrors status to make sure the mirrors you use are fully propogated.

i did the --fasttrack 20 option and it didn’t work until i tried the -f option instead showed that i need a Full System Upgrade, this probably why it wouldn’t work, i will try once upgrade is complete.

I have never understood the logic behind the way it interperets the numeral.
Well I do understand - its random. I just dont understand how that makes a whole lot of sense.
Its supposed to be only ones that are fully synced, but … I suppose you can see why I used -f just.
(and only ones in your mirror pool if you have previously created a custom pool, such as by designating a certain protocol)

You should always be in sync and up to date before attempting to install new software.
Hence the

2 Likes

pacman -Syu
Update package list and upgrade all packages afterwards.

i thought -y stood for Silent or Yes install it but this man page describes it different from pacman then aptitude which says it means to refresh, interesting …

Not the same as apt or aptitude.

pacman -S is ~ apt install
pacman -Sy is ~ apt update
pacman -Su is ~ apt upgrade

But we dont do one without the other so its combined:

sudo pacman -Syu

And we can use the same syntax for installation, meaning theres not really any reason not to include ‘sync and update’ along with any installation command:

sudo pacman -Syu PACKAGE

You found the man pages - so everything will be there.

As you mentioned apt … some people find the Rosetta helpful:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Pacman/Rosetta

Its also all somewhat related to the idea of ‘partial upgrades’ which we dont want to do:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/System_maintenance#Partial_upgrades_are_unsupported

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.