Threema-desktop and nodejs-lts-iron

Trying to use : AUR (en) - threema-desktop

Getting this error when updating to 1.2.39-3 version… -2 version was working :

could not satisfy dependencies:

• unable to satisfy dependency ‘nodejs-lts-iron’ required by threema-desktop

WHat is the solution ?

I t tried this

pamac install ./nodejs-lts-iron-20.10.0-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz Preparing…
Error: Failed to prepare transaction:
package architecture is not valid:

• package nodejs-lts-iron-20.10.0-1-aarch64 does not have a valid architecture

Hi @yoda9898,

There is no way we can see on what you’re trying to install it, but I’m guessing since you have this: :point_down:

…error it’s a Raspberry Pi or Pinephone, or something ARM-based.

And indeed, I couldn’t even find is for my PC:

$ pamac search nodejs-lts
nodejs-lts-hydrogen  18.18.2-1                                                                                                                                                                                                                          extra
Evented I/O for V8 javascript (LTS release: Hydrogen)
nodejs-lts-fermium  14.21.3-3                                                                                                                                                                                                                             AUR
Evented I/O for V8 javascript (LTS release: Fermium)

So, I don’t think it would even work for PC.

The other option would be to use the binary for Threema (the package with the -bin suffix.)

$ pamac search threema-desktop
threema-desktop-bin  1.2.39-1                                                                                                                                                                                                                             AUR
Threema Desktop (Threema Web in Electron).
threema-desktop  1.2.39-2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 AUR
Threema Desktop (Threema Web in Electron).

Which looks like the same version, just a slightly older build than the non-binary one.

So I think to get the latest version, you can install the binary one:

pamac build threema-desktop-bin

Hope this helps!

1 Like

OOPs I am using Manjaro PLASMA !! Forgot to mention I will read your reply now

https://i.imgur.com/4X3OD6p.png

While that screenshot only tells some of the story, it does tell me that the rest of my reply still applies.

1 Like
pamac build threema-desktop  INT ✘  CA
Preparing…
Cloning threema-desktop build files…
Generating threema-desktop information…
Checking threema-desktop dependencies…
Resolving dependencies…
Warning: cannot resolve “nodejs-lts-iron”, a dependency of “threema-desktop”
Error: Failed to prepare transaction:
could not satisfy dependencies:
**- unable to satisfy dependency ‘nodejs-lts-iron’ required by threema-desktop**

Edit build files : [e] 
Apply transaction ? [e/y/N] 

Weird… I will remove threema and startover we’ll see

:bangbang: Tip: :bangbang:

When posting terminal output, copy the output and paste it here, wrapped in three (3) backticks, before AND after the pasted text. Like this:

```
pasted text
```

Or three (3) tilde signs, like this:

~~~
pasted text
~~~

This will just cause it to be rendered like this:

Sed
sollicitudin dolor
eget nisl elit id
condimentum
arcu erat varius
cursus sem quis eros.

Instead of like this:

Sed sollicitudin dolor eget nisl elit id condimentum arcu erat varius cursus sem quis eros.

Alternatively, paste the text you wish to format as terminal output, select all pasted text, and click the </> button on the taskbar. This will indent the whole pasted section with one TAB, causing it to render the same way as described above.

Thereby increasing legibility thus making it easier for those trying to provide assistance.

For more information, please see:

:bangbang::bangbang: Additionally

If your language isn’t English, please prepend any and all terminal commands with LC_ALL=C. For example:

LC_ALL=C bluetoothctl

This will just cause the terminal output to be in English, making it easier to understand and debug.

1 Like

OK this one (the -bin version) is working and is not trying to update to the one version with missing dependencies… I’ll go with this

tks !

1 Like

That’s not what the correct package. The correct package, according to the search results is threema-desktop-bin, I made a typing mistake, corrected now, but sorry nonetheless.

BUT let this be a lesson to not copy-and-paste things blindly…

1 Like

it’s ok… I use the GUI to install it and installed the right one threema-desktop-bin

JF
Cases closes…

SHOULD I put [SOLVED] in this post title ? Or someone (some moderators) will close this post ?

Please see:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.