Think or swim application - does not show the window in Wayland

Hi,
Think or Swim Application does not show window in Wayland and works perfect in Xorg.

Wayland:
When I run the app think or swim, I get the installing updates, initial dialog and shows logon screen, when I enter the login details, it authenticates and launches the screen ( i could see the full black window pop but it is invisible after a sec).

If I right-click on the icon in the dock, I would see the “All window”, and clicking it displays a grey block, no internal details of the window are visible.

Xorg:
No issues, everything works perfect.

System Details:
Kernel: 6.7.4-2-MANJARO arch: x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 13.2.
Desktop: GNOME v: 45.4 tk: GTK v: 3.24.41 wm: gnome-shell
tools: gsd-screensaver-proxy dm: GDM v: 45.0.1 Distro: Manjaro
base: Arch Linux

I have tried to change the java version to 8, but got an error that it was compiled by higher version, so immediately reverted back.

sudo archlinux-java status                                        
[sudo] password for lx: 
Available Java environments:
  java-11-openjdk (default)

Any suggestions to make this app work in Wayland ?

Thank you!

Go bug the developer …

Or use the flatpak provided at https://flathub.org/da/apps/com.tdameritrade.ThinkOrSwim

Hi @linux-aarhus,

I did contact the support team. The customer rep said, they don’t support Manjaro.
and they further informed me that the color of the ToS login button changes the domain (internally):

• Green button - TDAmeritrade
  • Blue button - Schwab (migrated accounts)

For those, whose accounts are not migrated to Schwab yet, the blue button ToS does not work.

Thank you for your suggestion to install flatpak. If nothing works then I would have given it a try.

The below solution works like a charm and it worked for me too.
Solution:

1. Set the java environment to java-11-openjdk only (not zulu)
  2. Deleting the ~/thinkorswim/workspace.*.xml file before every start opens ToS.

Got the solution from Archlinux forums.
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=254221

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.