Thermal throttling on Lenovo Flex 5 (i5-8250u)

Hey all, im trying to enable turbo boost on my laptop (lenovo flex 5 14 with intel i5-8250u) (base 1.6 turbo 3.4) Ive tried setting the turbo state by manually writing to /sys/devices/system/cpu/intel_pstate/no_turbo it gives me an error saying operation not permitted, ive also tried cpupower but that tells me boost state isnt supported

analyzing CPU 0: driver: intel_pstate CPUs which run at the same hardware frequency: 0 CPUs which need to have their frequency coordinated by software: 0 maximum transition latency: Cannot determine or is not supported. hardware limits: 400 MHz - 3.40 GHz available cpufreq governors: performance powersave current policy: frequency should be within 1.60 GHz and 1.60 GHz. The governor "performance" may decide which speed to use within this range. current CPU frequency: Unable to call hardware current CPU frequency: 1.60 GHz (asserted by call to kernel) boost state support: Supported: no Active: no

running intel_pstate rn and i tried acpigovernor but none of them want to go over 1.6ghz… also tried x86_energy_perf_policy and set that to performance, but no change
Have also tried tlp and set min and max states manually but that also did not reflect a change… kinda stuck and dont know how to debug this, any help?

If the processor is below 45C, it boosts and hits 3.4, and then the cpufreq shows that boost state is supported and active, otherwise it reverts back.

Another thing i’ve noticed, if i use the performance governor for intel_pstate, it makes the cpu run at 3.4ghz, then when I stress it, all the cores drop to 1.6. Isn’t it supposed to boost when there is a high load? Then when I switch it to the powersave governor, the cores all drop to 1.8 without load and never go past that, then when I stress again the cores drop to 1.6.