Theme parsing error: gtk.css

How can I solve this?
I use KDE Plasma
What additional info should I provide ?

(java:121633): Gtk-WARNING **: 23:44:32.022: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:73:46: The style property GtkScrolledWindow:scrollbars-within-bevel is deprecated and shouldn’t be used anymore. It will be
removed in a future version
(java:121633): Gtk-WARNING **: 23:44:38.313: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:68:35: The style property GtkButton:child-displacement-x is deprecated and shouldn’t be used anymore. It will be removed in
a future version
(java:121633): Gtk-WARNING **: 23:44:38.314: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:69:35: The style property GtkButton:child-displacement-y is deprecated and shouldn’t be used anymore. It will be removed in
a future version
(java:121633): Gtk-WARNING **: 23:44:38.314: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:71:36: The style property GtkCheckMenuItem:indicator-size is deprecated and shouldn’t be used anymore. It will be removed i
n a future version
(java:121633): Gtk-WARNING **: 23:44:38.314: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:73:46: The style property GtkScrolledWindow:scrollbars-within-bevel is deprecated and shouldn’t be used anymore. It will be
removed in a future version
(java:121633): Gtk-WARNING **: 23:44:38.314: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:76:30: The style property GtkExpander:expander-size is deprecated and shouldn’t be used anymore. It will be removed in a fu
ture version

Looks like the theme is using depricated stuff. So maybe the theme needs to be updated?

GTK Theme: Breath.
I can’t find any option to update.
I change to Adwaita and there is no problem now.
I prefer Breath but OK I will go with Adwaita.

Thank you

those are just harmless warnings. you can use what you want to use.
in kde adwaita has missing icons. you’ll really notice if you reboot.

if you want to use adwaita you can change the Inherits= to breath2 to fill in the missing icons.
i just tested on mine & it works. don’t worry about the hicolor cause breath2 inherits hicolor.
use breath2-dark if using dark theme.

1 Like

nice trick, thank you

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.