hello
is new message for last build dev 202103080249
or
release:
Release 202103080249

Modem(quectelqmi_0)
The modem show no carrier

help

The gsm internet stack is beeing reworked in Plasma Mobile these days.

1 Like

is new message for last build dev

Always the message, but less recursive, despite the updates

The problem remains present even in unstable.
The problem is mainly that it eats the battery

Can you post your carrier you have? Also, that message is related to mobile data, it is WIP at the moment and does not affect calls or sms/text. Most likely introduced due to our work with Canonical and KDE e.V.:

Upstream work can be tracked here:

1 Like

hello,
reinstall: before sav: calendori/vard phonebook
indeed when I turn off mobile-data I no longer have an alert.
plasma-mobile : 20210317

stop mobile-data blocks the restart of the telephone link ;
On the other hand when you restart you have to do sudo systemctl restart ofonoctl
APN Internet
Nom : Free
APN : free
MCC : 208
MNC : 15

APN MMS
Nom : Free MMS
APN : mmsfree
MMSC : http://mms.free.fr
MCC : 208
MNC : 15
Type dā€™APN : mms

Centre de message SMS
+33695000695

How to configure MMS .svp

Hello, the 2021/03/19 last update plasma-mobile.

I only have one message telling me a problem with the mode and it is only after a reboot, otherwise the recursive messages on disappeared.

Thatā€™s nice to know. :slight_smile:

Sounds like this is known and being handled, but wanted to put forward my experience as well anyway.

Iā€™m also getting this notification. Iā€™m not 100% sure what the cause is yet as itā€™s not all the time, but when it happens it tends to notify me every 5 minutes with the following:

Modem (quectelqmi_0)
The modem shows no carrier

Iā€™m with Honest Mobile (UK), but Iā€™m roaming and connecting to Proximus (Belgium) cell sites.

Edit
Iā€™ve also noticed another issue in a similar area.
I get the following notification occasionally:

Modem (quectelqmi_0)
IP configuration was unavailable

When this occurs, I lose signal and must restart the phone again to get it back.

1 Like

Just got the new pinephone beta edition. Was getting ā€œmodem shows no carrierā€ mobile data did not work. I could make phone calls okay.

Tried:
sudo systemctl status ofonoctl
and it reports
inactive (dead)
ande
Trying to online a modem that's not powered on

sudo systemctl restart ofonoctl

Getā€™s me a promising:

Brought quectelqmi_0 online

But still I get no data/internet connectivity.

Any ideas?
(I hope this helps somebody.)

1 Like

Update on my side of things:

I contacted my phone service provider (Honest Mobile) linking them to my original comment. Just to ask if they had any thoughts or logs/diagnostics that mightā€™ve hinted at a problem interfacing with the service from my phone/SIM.

Afraid I canā€™t see anything odd in the logs so suspect youā€™ve a software issue but I will keep monitoring!

I expected that to be honest, but figured itā€™d be good to check.

I have similar issues. I get the no carrier message too. I can make a phone call but no data.

And wifi goes down if the phone goes into power saving/sleep. Update downloads will come to a halt unless I keep the screen activeā€¦ or kill upower and powerdevil.

So i just got a Pinephone last sunday. It of course had Manjaro plasma edition installed on it. I use Straight Talk in America for my phone service. I couldnā€™t get any 4G connection, but i could make calls and send text messages. There was nothing showing up in Access points under mobile settings. So i installed Manjaro Phosh, and i was able to put in my APN settings through their interface. I couldnā€™t figure out how to put in my APN address into the plasma settings.

The settings i use for my Straight Talk (SIM CARD For Verizon Phones)

Name = Tracfone
APN = tracfone.vzwentp

Thatā€™s because itā€™s not implemented yet. If your carrier needs you to put in the details, Plasma Mobile is not for you yet. :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah i had read their roadmap for plasma right after i had wrote this post lol.

hi . getting the same message , modem shows no carrier , here in Australia and with telstra . can make calls n text but thatā€™s it

1 Like

In australia as well, but with optus (amaysim). I get a message from optus stating ā€˜a message you tried to send/recieve has failed because you donā€™t have creditā€™. Can switch to phosh and send texts fine. I also see the ā€˜The modem shows no carrierā€™ message