[Testing Update] 2024-05-27 - Kernels, Plasma 6.0.5, KDE Gear 24.05, GNOME 46.2, PipeWire 1.0.7

Hello community, here we have another set of package updates.

Current Promotions

• Find out all about our current Gaming Laptop the Hero with Manjaro pre-installed from Spain!
  • Protect your personal data, keep yourself safe with Surfshark VPN: 85% OFF + 2 mo. FREE

Recent News

Previous News
Finding information easier about Manjaro

Finding information easier about Manjaro always has been a topic that needed to be solved. With our new search we have put all Manjaro data accessible in one place and divided by sections so it makes it easier to digest: New Manjaro search engine is available | Blog

Notable Package Updates

Additional Info

Python 3.12 info

:information_source: You will need to rebuild any AUR Python packages that install files to site-packages or link to libpython3.11.so. :information_source:

Print a list of of packages that have files in /usr/lib/python3.11/ :

pacman -Qoq /usr/lib/python3.11/

Rebuild them all at once:*

pamac build $(pacman -Qoq /usr/lib/python3.11)

* Note that if any fail to build, you’ll have to rebuild what’s remaining one or a few at a time.

Use rebuild-detector to see if anything else needs to be rebuilt:

checkrebuild
Info about AUR packages

:warning: AUR (Arch User Repository) packages are neither supported by Arch nor Manjaro. Posts about them in Announcements topics are off-topic and will be flagged, moved or removed without warning.

For help with AUR packages, please create a new topic in AUR and a helpful volunteer may be able to assist you.

Get our latest daily developer images now from Github: Plasma, GNOME, XFCE. You can get the latest stable releases of Manjaro from CDN77.

Our current supported kernels

Our current supported kernels

• linux419 4.19.315
  • linux54 5.4.277
  • linux510 5.10.218
  • linux515 5.15.160
  • linux61 6.1.92
  • linux66 6.6.32
  • linux68 6.8.11
  • linux69 6.9.2
  • linux61-rt 6.1.83_rt28
  • linux66-rt 6.6.30_rt30
  • linux67-rt 6.7_rt6

Package Changes (Sun May 26 23:30:20 CEST 2024)

• testing core x86_64: 23 new and 23 removed package(s)
  • testing extra x86_64: 881 new and 941 removed package(s)
  • testing multilib x86_64: 8 new and 8 removed package(s)

A list of all package changes can be found here

• No issue, everything went smoothly
  • Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself.(Please post your solution)
  • Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)
0 voters

Check if your mirror has already synced:

5 Likes

Known issues and solutions

This is a wiki post; please edit as necessary.
Please, consider subscribing to the Testing Updates Announcements RSS feed

Please RTFT (Read This Fine Thread) first before reporting the same issues over and over again!

:arrow_right: 2024-05-27

2024-05-18

Shutdown Issues on some AMD systems (fixed in latest kernels)
  • Problem: Kernel updates 6.1.91-1 and 6.6.31-1 break shutdown and suspend/resume on the Framework 16 (Ryzen 7 7840HS, no GPU).
  • Solution: kernels were patched - please update to 6.1.92 / 6.6.32 / 6.8.11 / 6.9.2
  • Issue tracking: framework forums

2024-05-14

No plasma interface with kernel 6.9 + Nvidia gpu + Wayland

If you encouter a black screen with no inteface after login in, it’s probably a problem with simpledrm loading.

To solve it add nvidia_drm.fbdev=1 to /etc/default/grub
in the line begining with GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=" .
Verify that you also have nvidia_drm.modeset=1 in the same line.
Then exec sudo update-grub

Also, verify that you have nvidia_drm in /etc/mkinitcpio.conf in the MODULES= or HOOKS= line.
Exemple :

MODULES=(nvidia nvidia_modeset nvidia_uvm nvidia_drm)

If it was not present, then run sudo mkinitcpio -P after adding it.

2024-05-08

Qemu: MacOS is not bootable with 9.0

Due to a bug MacOS is not bootable with 9.0: [9.0.0] qemu breaks mac os vm (#2334) · Issues · QEMU / QEMU · GitLab
Workaround: remove virtio-serial and org.qemu.guest_agent.0 from libvirt XML until bug will be fixed.

2024-05-02

The default KDE Plasma session has been changed to X11

As of Plasma 6, KDE decided to make Wayland the default. However, since issues were discovered, we have reverted the default to X11. Users are free to choose whichever works best for them.

Previous testing threads:

1 Like

Updates go well.

4 Likes

Known issues post needs to have editing allowed for changes.

Update itself went fine on Xfce. Thank you @philm for including the shutdown/reboot patch in the kernels!

The last 2 testing updates have reset my SDDM settings. I am using Plasma on Wayland and after updating twice recently I have noticed that my laptop boots to a X11 session by default. First time that happened I changed my settings so that once again the session SDDM would default to is Wayland again, but updating tonight reverted those changes again. To be clear, I have no further issues with my Wayland (or X11) session, and I am aware that Manjaro is defaulting Plasma to X11 as a choice.

It should now be a wiki post.

1 Like

Got an error while rebuilding python packages.

pamac build $(pacman -Qoq /usr/lib/python3.11)
Error: target not found: python-manjaro-sdk

python-manjaro-sdk was installed as a dependency for web-installer-url-handler. So I just removed both of them and the rebuild went smoothly without error.

The rebuild included some libraries that fixed my gns3-server, as well!

No other issues so far.