[Testing Update] 2022-10-03 - Kernels, Systemd, AMDVLK, Deepin, Pamac, Qemu, Thunderbird

1 Like

Qbittorrent is only version 4.4.5-1, so you are likely experiencing the issue that @bogdancovaciu linked to (AKA the switch to qt6).

I noticed that your custom avatar is missing in KDE SDDM login screen.

Solution:

Delete two deprecated files in your home directory:

rm ~/.face
rm ~/.face.icon

OBS 28.0.2-2 is unstable on gnome wayland, possibly not a manjaro issue - just a warning.
Works fine on Xorg.
Even the flatpak version 28.0.3 has same issues. Seems GUI related, if once configured, just recording via app-indicator works.
Changing settings, eg → settings-video-fps or randomly in GUI or settings, gnome-shell crashes.
Log

Still getting seemingly random crashes with Timeshift gui (timeshift cli works) since glib2 update to 2.74.0 (glib2 2.74.0-2 does not fix it). Downgrade glib2 to 2.72.3-3 and the crashes stop.

Reported in Arch forums also:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=279977

And in Timeshift issues:

Got

/usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertogutenprint.5.3" nicht verfügbar: No such file or directory"

while trying to print using my default printer. Of note: This has worked for several years.
Installing gutenprint with pamac seems to have solved that.

Update failed because of conflicting files.
The problem is that pcre2-static is now included in pcre2, but there is no “replaces” line in the PKGBUILD file.
Uninstalling pcre2-static first and then run update, fixes it.

pcre2-static is no regular package from the repositories, one can find it in the AUR.
Package(r)s from the repositories (like pcre2) won’t consider AUR packages, you’re always on your own with those.

I have a few Gnome extensions break after the update. I checked the main GitHub pages for each, but did not see any updates on if these will be fixed soon.

Gnome Extensions Not Working:
-Compiz alike windows effect
-Extension Update Notifier
-Hide Activities Button

Anyone else seeing problems with these extensions on your system? Thanks.

I got the known problem of Kernel 5.19.12 for Intel APU when connecting some Laptop to any external monitors.

The issue:

The main display starts blinking at boot that depends on text input. So each input per a screen blinking.

Solution:

• Downgrade to 5.19.11 fixes this annoying problem.

Do not push it to the stable branch, there are many laptops with Intel APU.

1 Like

This happened yesterday on one of our laptops during a session. I wouldn’t have thought it was a kernel issue.

5.19.13 should fix those: https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v5.x/ChangeLog-5.19.13

2 Likes

:information_source: An update for plasma-settings and kirigami-addons will be along shortly. You will need to manually update kirigami-addons from 1:0.3-1 to 0.4-1.

EDIT: No one probably has either application installed as only kclock and ktrip depend on them.

1 Like

Isn’t that for Plasma Mobile?

Yes. But it’s now in upstream Arch Linux. (woo) \o/

1 Like

Do we recall why we needed the epoch on our end?

The reason should have been part of the commit message, sadly it’s not:

Either this or the previous update appears to have broken my KDE Wayland’s screenlocker. I get a message saying The screen locker is broken and unlocking is not possible anymore. In order to unlock switch to a virtual terminal (e.g. Ctrl+Alt+F2),[...].

I’ve ensured my kirigami-addons is on 0.4-1, but running /usr/lib/kscreenlocker_greet --testing results in the following:

kscreenlocker_greet: Lockscreen QML outdated, falling back to default
kf.kirigami: Failed to find a Kirigami platform plugin
[1]    11426 segmentation fault (core dumped)  /usr/lib/kscreenlocker_greet --testing

Any ideas what’s going on?

Unless you have kclock or ktrip installed, you don’t need kirigami-addons. So consider removing it if you don’t need them.
Anyways, open a support thread and meanwhile you can try reinstalling Qt, plasma-workspace and kscreenlocker.