[Testing Update] 2022-03-24 - Linux517, Nvidia, Palemoon (not)

I’m waiting for the Australian mirror’s to sync. And Something is off on that Desktop…

2 Likes

April 1st is still a week away :thinking:

i have this error message ( not concerned )

SPI driver ili9163 has no spi_device_id for newhaven,1.8-128160EF

test kernel 5.17.0 + Nvidia 54.60 +Xfce + youtube(1080p avc1) + Steam( protondb 7 + opengl ) is ok

also for cpu AMD zen2 and more and kernel 5.17
you can activate in UEFI settings cppc on ( auto or enabled )

you should add these option on boot kernel: "amd_pstate.enable=1"

if in log you get this message , “amd_pstate: This processor supports shared memory solution, you can enable it with amd_pstate.shared_mem=1”*
then you need to add “amd_pstate.shared_mem=1” in your boot kernel

result from my give this report ( minimum is lower 550Mhz )

sudo cpupower frequency-info
analyse du CPU 0 :
  driver: amd-pstate
  CPUs which run at the same hardware frequency: 0
  CPUs which need to have their frequency coordinated by software: 0
  maximum transition latency: 131 us
  limitation matérielle : 550 MHz - 4.65 GHz
  régulateurs disponibles : conservative ondemand userspace powersave performance schedutil
  tactique actuelle : la fréquence doit être comprise entre 550 MHz et 4.65 GHz.
                  Le régulateur "schedutil" est libre de choisir la vitesse
                  dans cette plage de fréquences.
  current CPU frequency: Unable to call hardware
  current CPU frequency: 2.62 GHz (asserted by call to kernel)
  boost state support:
    Supported: yes
    Active: yes
    Boost States: 0
    Total States: 3
    Pstate-P0:  3700MHz
    Pstate-P1:  2800MHz
    Pstate-P2:  2200MHz

laptop , APU , better power management with amd and fixes are in these version kernel 5.17

1 Like

update was successful

13 Likes

I have lost the taskbar of Konsole after update

which background-image do you use? @oberon

and does pamac have the function of rebuilding AUR pkgs with python3.10 all at once

The 2 “known issues” involving networkmanager 1.36 might have been resolved.
The one about PPPoE was reported solved very soon after it first appeared (in networkmanager 1.36.2), but I don’t know about VPN via L2TP.

It’s Windows 10 on a MinisForum UM350 testing machine where yesterday I installed Manjaro to work on a new factory image for them :wink:

Is that a Dell 2007 FPb monitor? If yes: I have a spare one standing around here :slight_smile:

Haha, it’s a 1907FP :sunglasses:
with an HDMI to DVI cable it still works nicely for the mini-PC :+1:
Although that aspect ratio looks painfully outdated these days …

1 Like

I have to use usb wifi stick for now due to lack of r8168 module for kernel 5.17, but everything except this works well.

After updating file-roller to 3.42.0, it no longer respects my dark theme, now the backgroud is white. So I downgrade to 3.40.0.

Meaning your GRUB files, under GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT?

Also, it seems my system has to blacklist acpi-cpufreq, or it loads first, and takes over.
Nevermind, I’m a big dumb-dumb. I didn’t generated new kernel images or update GRUB after adding the options :joy:

@stephane I noticed you and I have the same CPU.
I did some searching, and apparently Pstate-P0, Pstate-P1, and Pstate-P2 are not supposed to exist when amd-pstate is in use. It’s supposed to report AMD PSTATE Highest Performance, AMD PSTATE Nominal Performance, AMD PSTATE Lowest Performance and such.
I wonder if 5600X isn’t fully supported yet, or if we’re missing something :thinking:

I read that is still has issues, especially for desktop CPU.

The new states seem to need a more recent AGESA, namely 1.2.0.6b. Not yet available for my motherboard.

I was able to enable amd-pstate with the latest BIOS update to my motherboard, ASRock B450.
The shared memory option turned out to be necessary for me as well.

After some search, I finally found the solution.
This problem is related to GNOME 42 Dark Style Preference, which has a system-wide switch for dark mode. GNOME users can use settings, but I use xfce and it took me some time to find the way to set it on other DEs.
The solution is to install color-scheme-simulator, which has a GUI and xdg-desktop-portal. I created an AUR package for easier installation. After install, just launch GUI application impatience and click “Dark” to switch to dark mode.

EDIT:
Forcing a specific theme with GTK_THEME also works.

• linux517 5.17.0 (still missing broadcom-wl, r8168 and rtl8723bu modules!)

The issues have been opened 3 weeks ago now. Is there any news on them?

I was able to build broadcom-wl just now, the other two not yet.

2 Likes

Looks like it is time to update zlib:

Currently, we have 1.2.11-5 in Testing.