[Testing Update] 2021-11-16 - KDE Frameworks, Cinnamon, Haskell, Thunderbird

Driver 495.44 also builds after this patch:

--- a/kernel/nvidia-uvm/uvm_migrate_pageable.c	2021-11-18 16:07:54.991678461 +0100
+++ b/kernel/nvidia-uvm/uvm_migrate_pageable.c	2021-11-18 16:08:45.691269289 +0100
@@ -406,7 +406,7 @@
         uvm_push_set_flag(&push, UVM_PUSH_FLAG_CE_NEXT_MEMBAR_NONE);
         copying_gpu->parent->ce_hal->memset_8(&push, dst_address, 0, PAGE_SIZE);

-        dst[i] = migrate_pfn(page_to_pfn(dst_page)) | MIGRATE_PFN_LOCKED;
+        dst[i] = migrate_pfn(page_to_pfn(dst_page));
     }

if (copying_gpu) {
@@ -490,7 +490,7 @@
         uvm_push_set_flag(&push, UVM_PUSH_FLAG_CE_NEXT_MEMBAR_NONE);
         copying_gpu->parent->ce_hal->memcopy(&push, dst_address, src_address, PAGE_SIZE);

-        dst[i] = migrate_pfn(page_to_pfn(dst_page)) | MIGRATE_PFN_LOCKED;
+        dst[i] = migrate_pfn(page_to_pfn(dst_page));
     }

// TODO: Bug 1766424: If the destination is a GPU and the copy was done by

Currently, I am not able to test this driver as my GPU is too old.

I was able to track down the changes to /usr/lib/modules/5.16.0-1-MANJARO/build/Makefile which prevent the driver 390 from being compiled:

# arch Makefile may override CC so keep this after arch Makefile is included
NOSTDINC_FLAGS += -nostdinc -isystem $(shell $(CC) -print-file-name=include)

If -isystem $(shell $(CC) -print-file-name=include) is omitted, the compiler is not able to find its include files when trying to compile the 390 driver.

Interestingly, this is not a problem in driver version 495.44 but I was not yet able to determine the differences that might be important here.

Well it is far to early to tell why stuff is not yet compiling. 5.16-rc just started and more or less 6 more builds are expected …

Thank you very much. This makes me sigh a breath of relief for now.
But as the newer versions of the Nvidia driver are compiling, it looks like there is some misconfiguration in the 390 driver sources which might remain important on subsequent kernel versions as well.

Well as far as I see it 390xx is dead. We have a new Xorg-Server and that driver doesn’t work. So ya, lets see if Nvidia fixes it or not.

With the well-known entry

Section "ServerFlags"
  Option "IgnoreABI" "1"
EndSection

in /etc/X11/mhwd.d/nvidia.conf, it works, even with kernel 5.16-RC1 :slight_smile:

1 Like

The saga of the regression doing 7-zip compression from Dolphin context menu continues with this update.

Here is a fine description of the two remaining issues.

last report was my fault, gseetings/desktop/schemas was obsolete so Gnome GDM didn’t start.
Now is ok, but some extensions need update

flameshot does not work any more when I launch it in terminal I get this message:

Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway.
QApplication: invalid style override 'kvantum' passed, ignoring it.
	Available styles: HighContrastInverse, HighContrast, Adwaita-HighContrastInverse, Adwaita-HighContrast, Adwaita-Dark, Adwaita, Windows, Fusion

It looks kvantum or theme related anyone idea’s?
Thanks

I hope that attention will also be paid on Suspend/Hibernate. With the current 5.16-RC1, the system enters the hibernate status (screens are black and programs stopped) but the fans and disks keep spinning, and the power LED remains on.

its an issue where flameshot does not work in gnome 41 with wayland
Cannot take screenshot on gnome 41 + wayland · Issue #1910 · flameshot-org/flameshot · GitHub
they have pushed an update to fix it, i checked in the arch repositories but it is not available there
Release v0.10.2 · flameshot-org/flameshot · GitHub

1 Like

Thanks for your solution but I prefer to install packages from one branch (stable or testing). I don’t want to mix packages from all branch.

You do understand that when that version of latte will be moved from Unstable to Testing it will be the same latte package, don’t you?

Not relevant note.
We do not know which exactly version will join testing branch: the

it will be or higher.

So, generally: to wait in testing !== to get manually from unstable and you clearly knew it :slight_smile:

I was trying to allude that latte isn’t that is hard to deal with as something like glib. Most of the time it’s just install and use type of package. In case of breakage, install the previous one.

And yeah I remember when I was like that, waiting in Testing and scared of Unstable. One day Megasync refused to upgrade cuz Testing != Unstable and it had no necessary dependencies update. “Screw that” I thought and switched for good[ies] :slight_smile:

1 Like

Flameshot has been updated in the stable branch I pulled that in but still seems not to work and I got an extra error:

(flameshot:3250): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:56:05.021: Theme parsing error: main-dark.css:2470:0: Expected a valid selector

:confused:

That’s not an error, it’s a warning. It will not affect operation of the program.

Ah you are right! The only thing that in combination with that warning the app is not working :thinking:

As a related question QApplication: invalid style override ' kvantum . I don’t have a kvantum theme, should I replace that with gtk?

You can just comment out QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE in /etc/environment if you’re not using Kvantum.

1 Like