[Testing Update] 2021-07-11 - Cinnamon, Linux513, Gnome 40.3, KDE-Git

Currently everything is working well except for two things:

• fractional scaling still causes blur for xwayland apps (electron stuff, Webstorm, …)
  • pipewire started producing screetching sounds through my bluetooth headphones all of a sudden (which I’m not sure is related)

Everything else seemse to work pretty well, if not better than before.

Also. I have an optimus laptop and my external monitor seems to be working fine on HMDI :thinking:

@eugen-b, can you do a git-bisect between 1.20.11 and 1.20.12? You can use xorg-server-git PKGBUILD as base and change the source URL to _srcurl="git+https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver.git#commit=COMMITSHA and use the shasum of the git bisect output replacing COMMITSHA as needed until you find the issue. Then post the findings upstream.

2 Likes

Almost the same. Optimus, hybrid mode, external monitor (via DP) works. I bet this is due to the difference in the way Nvidia connected to screen. My HDMI/DP are connected to Intel. Failed cases are likely with a connection to Nvidia directly.

I think the HDMI port is connected to my nvidia card in my laptop (not sure though). It’s a Dell Precision 5540.

I will try to find the time next week when my vacation starts.