[Testing Update] 2021-06-08 - Kernels, Cinnamon 5.0, Gnome 40.2, Cutefish 0.2, Deepin, Firefox

Even with updated packages I still get mentioned error:

Reading local package database...
:: installing lib32-libcanberra (0.30+2+gc0620e4-4) breaks dependency 'lib32-libcanberra=0.30+2+gc0620e4-3' required by lib32-libcanberra-gstreamer
:: installing libcanberra (0.30+2+gc0620e4-4) breaks dependency 'libcanberra=0.30+2+gc0620e4-3' required by libcanberra-gstreamer

Any input from Manjaro team would be welcomed. Thanks.

See other messages in this thread. Those two gstreamer-related packages are no longer in the repos.

i was expecting some update-grub action, but it was pretty uneventful

2 Likes

i have installed version grub 2.06-2 , boot is ok
only linux on full UEFI , no luks , no Secure Boot or windows boot

But have you done grub-install then? It doesn’t execute automatically so efi binary remains grub 2.04…
Or maybe it does but I just have a custom $esp mount location so it might have failed silently when installing.

1 Like

version 2.04-22 was before installed by myself ( it was version 206rc after boothole 2021 grub2 )
now i have version 2.06 grub display

think of it i think you should. grub update was instantaneous and certainly didnt look like there was any script running underneath on my stock multi-boot.

i guess we have to manually update the bootloader and run update-grub, like the previous times

What do you mean? what exactly do we have to manually change and execute?

i would suggest you wait until someone knowledgeable concurs. since its a new grub i proceeded to update EFI manjaro bootloader with;
sudo grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id=manjaro --recheck --no-rs-codes
and
sudo update-grub

rebooted everything is fine. notice; this applies only for EFI systems only

1 Like

I did, that’s why I chose “No issue, everything went smoothly” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That left my system unbootable - luckyli, with a manjaro iso and “detect efi booloaders” i can boot again.
Strangely, the one that works is /boot/efi/efi/manjaro…
Now on to troubleshooting ^^

Edit:
sudo grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/ --bootloader-id=manjaro --recheck
works for me - notice the efi-directory is only /boot/, not /boot/efi as in the wiki

did the new grub change something in that regard?

Today Manjaro hardware detection update.

Summary

Synchronizing package databases…
Resolving dependencies…
Checking inter-conflicts…
Download of mhwd-db (0.6.5-8) started
Download of mhwd-db (0.6.5-8) finished
Checking keyring…
Checking integrity…
Loading packages files…
Checking file conflicts…
Checking available disk space…
Upgrading mhwd-db (0.6.5-7 → 0.6.5-8)…
==> Updating Config: ‘/var/lib/mhwd/local/pci/video-nvidia-430xx’
cp: cannot stat ‘/var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/graphic_drivers/nvidia-430xx/MHWDCONFIG’: No such file or directory
Transaction successfully finished.

Yeah, it seems the database files got restructured. My db was mostly empty after checking the directories post-update. This was fixed when I did an Nvidia drivers reinstall (MHWD didn’t see the existing driver as installed). I don’t know what would be the equivalent action for AMD.

1 Like

I also had this empty folder still existing on my computer, I deleted it (should not exists since past 6 month anymore).

1 Like

Good idea to check for orphans.
Here, I got

$ pacman -Qtdq
amf-headers
aribb25
dmd
electron6
ffnvcodec-headers
gendesk
gtest
gtksourceview3
jxrlib
mathjax
mujs
nasm
ocaml-ctypes
ocaml-findlib
optipng
python-apsw
python-cchardet
python-css-parser
python-dateutil
python-feedparser
python-html2text
python-mako
python-mechanize
python-protobuf
python-py7zr
python-pychm
python-pyqt5-webengine
python-recommonmark
python-regex
python-unrardll
python-zeroconf
python2-pytest-runner
rubberband
uchardet
vulkan-headers
xosd
yasm

Just remove both lib32-libcanberra-gstreamer and libcanberra-gstreamer, then redo the update.

Yeah not even that version of driver is the current.
And I do a new fresh install of the system about a month ago… so … I don’t know

My orphans

autoconf
automake
bison
fakeroot
flex
gestures
go
gtkspell3
libhandy0
make
meson
mlt
patch
sdl_net
sdl_sound
vala

Removing libcanberra-gstreamer and lib32-libcanberra-gstreamer, worked fine with pacman.
After that the update went through. After a reboot, the system ran
almost error free.
The only bug I noticed so far: Pamac reports in the taskbar that an update is available. After starting Pamac
the package mhwd-db is displayed. But it is already updated.

So nothing serious. Just some desinformation. I had this error several times. It went away after a subsequent update.

Otherwise, everything is good.

Ok, the thing with pamac and the misinformation, that there is still an update pending that has already been executed, has just been resolved. I just deleted some orphaned files with pacman. Then another system reboot. After that there was no more update message.
Pamac now says your system is up to date.

A few hours later, after using Steam, this bug occurred again. This time I first cleaned the hard disk with
“sudo pacman -Sc”, and then with bleachbit. Then another system reboot.
Even after restarting Steam, the bug did not occur again. So this time the bug was really resolved.
At least that’s my hope. Should it occur again, you will hear from me again.

Lastly, I cleaned up the system again, and did a fresh install of mhwd-db. Again, seemingly successful at first.
But this bug always returns hours or days later. Not resolved.

Two days later:
Performing the same action over and over, until finally a different result occurre, led to success. Have updated pacman-mirrors again, and then again mhwd-db.The bug was gone again.That was now already one and a half days ago. The bug did not return until now.
So it`s resolved.

It was probably due to one of the mirrors.

1. half of that list looks like package build dependencies (installed to build some aur package(s) and now not needed)
  2. that list isn’t relevant to this thread (or even in general)
1 Like