[Testing Update] 2021-05-12 - Kernels, KDE Frameworks, Plasma, Systemd, Mesa, LibreOffice, KDE Gear Mobile, FF, TB

My mouse pointer just temporarily froze. While it was frozen, I was unable to press the Windows key to bring up the application menu in KDE. That never happened before this update.

It seems like pamac-gnome-integration has a hardcoded version dependency on pamac-gtk=10.1.2-0.2.

Looks like a bug to me… Or is it a case of missing updated version of pamac-gnome-integration?

I have exactly the same problem.

I did not apply any updates.
I need advice on this.

looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing pamac-gtk (10.1.2-2) breaks dependency 'pamac-gtk=10.1.2-0.2' required by pamac-gnome-integration

From GUI
Screenshot from 2021-05-17 05-02-21
Warning: installing pamac-gtk (10.1.2-2) breaks dependency ‘pamac-gtk = 10.1.2-0.2’ required by pamac-gnome-integration
Add pamac-gnome-integration to remove

This worked. Thank you. Funny, i dont know why i have plasma-primex installed in the first place. must be needed by something… i dunno… maybe compiz.

Considering pamac-gnome-integration is still there: PKGBUILD · ff346e718c01f0994bd905259beb196dab7917c9 · Packages / Extra / pamac · GitLab

I’d say it’s a case of the Manjaro maintainers forgetting to publish an updated version of the package?

/cc @philm?

It’s fixed

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

After the last testing update in manjaro KDE latest kernel, I get this screen when logging in

After logging in, I get no desktop at all, all I get is a dolphin gui window but nothing else, haven’t updated my pc in like 2 weeks but this update definitely made things wrong. Is there a way to fix it?

Thank for your reply.

I tried your first suggestion, but nothing changed.
Normally I don’t use kernels above 5.0, because of a bug in the suspension/resume. Like I reported here and here. So, I prefer using an old kernel like 4.19.

Anyway, I tried kernel 5.12, 5.10 and 4.9, too. They boot up without problems but I had the suspension issue again on 5.12 and 5.10.

I had the virtualbox modules installed only for kernel 4.19, so I decided to remove virtualbox and kernel modules, then sudo mkinitcpio -P again. Nothing to do.
The 4.19 is the only kernel that won’t boot.

I didn’t check you third suggestion. Is there a way to check the voltage using a software?

Thank you!!!

cat /proc/driver/rtc | grep batt_status
If it says “batt_status” : okay then o.k.
otherwise may be BIOS entry?
Problems looks like “nvidia-drivers” related. I avoid nvidia-cards, sorry.
There was a big change recently
regarding nvidia-drivers…
Please search Forum “Nvidia” related issues?!

If you have plasma-desktop-primex installed, please remove it with the regular package.

~ >>> cat /proc/driver/rtc | grep batt_status [130]
batt_status : okay

Nvida issue is an old problem for me, solved months ago by using a kernel previous to 5.x.

Other suggestions about the 4.19 that won’t boot. The only one version that doesn’t boot properly.

I dont have it installed.

Still no plasma desktop anywhere, I was able to access konsole so I can open programs through there but no plasma gui at all.

I also switched to unstable to see if there was a fix about to arrive but still same issue

? Disable (=delete) one of or all boot-parameters (after quiet) in grub-menu (this is temporary) ?

Please test one of those ISOs:

Pamac 10.1.2-0.1
Text is partly cut off in German version:

grafik

grafik

1 Like

This issue is already reported on Manjaro GitLab

New testing version was released today Manjaro 21.0.5.1 Beta 1