[Testing Update] 2021-04-23 - Kernels, Mesa 21.0.3, KDE Apps 21.04, KDE-Dev, Python, Haskell

Thank you.
About the drama:

Because normally you do the update from the terminal and normally it does not notify anything, it told me that it was going to remove the kernel 5.9 driver but I was using 5.11, that was the message, nothing more … So the drama is that I have to do a clean install in my daily driver.
I know is not your fault.

Me neither, I always do a Timeshift backup before updating, especially if I’m on the testing or unstable branch.

4 Likes

Exactly this👆 . I just don’t get it, seriously with Linux it’s the simplistic thing in the world to do backup/restore. There’s even ready made scripts in the repos to automatically backup everytime you update.

I get the point about updating the op with the nvidia issues but that’s the only issue even if it can be called an issue

2 Likes

Good to know. I can confirm that I can run gtk3-widget-factory again after installing gtk3-demos. Thanks a bunch!

Not 100% sure this update is causing it, but very likely: Firefox 88 glitches with hw acceleration on Intel i915

You may want to check out Vivaldi to see if other browsers have similar issues. Also there is a developer version of Firefox available.

I also use opera and don’t experience an issue there.

no issues on firefox & google-chrome with this update on i915