[Testing Update] 2021-02-24 - Kernels, Plasma 5.21.1, Frameworks 5.79, Firefox, Thunderbird, Python

I can confirm this crash. I haven’t found anything on bugs.kde.org - do you want to report it or should i go ahead?

1 Like

It seems to require registration? Go ahead, if you have an account.

433715 – krunner crashes when input contains a quote it happens with single and double quotes on my side, probably some kind of missing input sanitation? ^^

1 Like

I also found bug in the System Settings → Shortcuts → Custom Shortcuts (KHotKeys if I’m not mistaken). The problem is I know how to crash it, or swap configurations between two custom shortcuts, but it is very inconsistent to reproduce. Is it worth reporting it or would it need a solid reproduction to be considered a valid bug report?

if it’s at least somewhat reproducable i’d say go ahead and report it. You might just oversee some variables that are changing.

refind-theme-maia was dropped from the repos for the time being. Remove it and then update.

Since I don’t need PipeWire I masked the pipewire.socket
systemctl --user mask pipewire.socket
and rebooted, with the result that first launch in session of pamac-gtk no longer triggers coredump for pipewire-media-.

1 Like

no. i peeked in the logs straight after boot(again like last time) without launching anything, and was able to see pipewire-media-session crash stack-trace. i did not had to invoke pamac to trigger it.

Trying out kernel 5.11, everything seems OK but it’s missing dev/vmmon for vmware support. Any chance of adding the missing modules

Hm, at my tests VMware is working as it should, without config changes etc. :thinking:

@sawdoctor what’s the output of dkms status

Thanks for the reply.

dkms status
vmware-workstation, 16.1.0_17198959, 5.4.100-1-MANJARO, x86_64: installed

I have no issues with 5.10 but with 5.11 I’m getting the error

Could not open /dev/vmmon: No such file or directory

Normally get the error when the modules are missing from the kernel

Edit

Scrap that just rebuilt vmware and all is good now, should have just done that in the first place

After updating Plasma to 5.21 I have weird issues with font rendering in some elemts in sytem settings. Note the “Close” button. It only happens with some sytem fonts
Screenshot_20210227_142935|605x500

Also, the sub-pixel rendering is always reverted to “rgb” after openning the font configuration dialog in system settings.

I can confirm too. Thanks @Termy for reporting.

Hm, seems that the dkms modules are only installed for Kernel 5.4 do you have tried mkinitcpio -p linux511?

Kernel Headers installed?
linux511-headers

Yup, many elements of UI suffer from this. Open Audio settings → Configure, for example. I got it looking OK only when using Noto or Plex fonts.

I edited my post, rebuilding vmware fixed the issue

Getting crashes in XFCE:s NetworkManager (nm-connection-editor) as soon as I try to edit Wi-Fi connections (Ethernet and VPN:s can be edited). Running nm-connection-editor directly from the terminal and trying to edit a Wi-Fi connection results in:

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

This might be related:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ManjaroLinux/comments/ltbdoi/cannot_edit_network_connections/

Cant reproduce on my end. Two computers, both XFCE, Kernel 5.4

After trying the latest kernel 5.11 today and checking that everything was fine, meaning there’s no commit in the latest kernel that causes problem with power management, I decided to delete the files downloaded in /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ to re-download them, and updated again to 5.10.18 with latest nvidia module and utils. So far it’s working, no GPU powered on all the time.

Either this power management problem is very specific and intermittent or the package downloaded was problematic which doesn’t make sense due to checksum or another package is/was causing the problem when updated together with the kernel, since I updated all but the kernel and nvidia, then installed them separately, maybe that made it work. Weird problem.

As for the iwd issue, it’s caused by latest update of networkmanager, not sure what’s wrong, apparently iwd service conflicts with the NetworkManager service (wpa service is disabled), but if I disable iwd service it starts by itself, I guess it’s pulled by NetworkManager.

I downgraded NetworkManager to 1dev+16+gdaad4e2fee-1, everything is working again.

I noticed the same cosmetic problems other described above, and more.
My screen brightness is stuck at the lowest (I can use brightness keys and the widget slider to adjust the brightness value, but the actual brightness doesn’t change). I tried adding i915.enable_dpcd_backlight=0 to boot parameters, without success.
Also, sound is not working when using Google Meet (it says microphone not available), and I had an error message saying an input method was invalid. I tried using older kernels (going back to 5.4 and trying 5.11 hoping it would solve it), but the problems persist. Fcitx configuration cannot open, saying “cannot connect Fcitx by DBus”, and trying to launch it in console gives the following: (ERROR-32669 ime.c:432) fcitx-keyboard-cm-mmuock already exists (ERROR-32669 xim.c:239) Start XIM error. Another XIM daemon named ibus is running? (ERROR-32669 instance.c:443) Exiting.
I used manjaro for 1 year, but I am new to this forum, please tell me if this should be posted somewhere else.