[Testing Update] 2021-01-08 - Kernels, Plasma 5.20.5, KDE Apps 20.12.1, Nvidia 460, AMDVLK, Firefox, Pamac

Removing video-nvidia-340xx and video-nvidia-390xx seem to have resolved my issue. Have no idea how those two drivers got there because I didn’t see them after my last fresh install.

I seem to be getting flicker with my 1080 Ti on these new Nvidia drivers, exactly like someone reported on the Nvidia forums. Hopefully Nvidia rectifies this soon…

Seems that kernel AMDGPU driver is bogus in 5.11, had reset of GPU and KDE disabled compositor, switched back to 5.10.

1 Like

I stand corrected. I just got the “waiting for authorization” hang with NetworkManager when resuming from sleep on 5.4.87…

there still this error from Glib2 with light-locker ( not solved ) for Xfce4
see this log ( from another user on old laptop loosing screen on boot)
@Manjaro-Team
http://ix.io/2LwL

Seems Linus should forbid broken software like our beloved government forbids Corona…

After an upgrade to the latest nvidia driver (from 455 to 460) I had to remove nvidia-drm.modeset=1 kernel parameter, which I previously manually enabled myself in order to try to fix screen tearing issues. When I had it enabled with the latest driver, my laptop was frezing when switching from the Nvidia GPU to the integrated GPU.

The new Nvidia driver fixed my issues with screen tearing.

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad T490
CPU: i7-8565U
GPU: MX250
DE: Gnome
Switching program: optimus-manager-git (the current one in Manjaro repos is outdated and it does not work with gdm-prime 3.38)

The updates keep removing the following entries

ModulePath "/usr/lib/nvidia/xorg"

from the file /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-nvidia-drm-outputclass.conf.

As a result, the GLX configuration gets broken:

[     4.293] (EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the GLX module; please check in your X
[     4.293] (EE) NVIDIA(0):     log file that the GLX module has been loaded in your X
[     4.293] (EE) NVIDIA(0):     server, and that the module is the NVIDIA GLX module.  If
[     4.293] (EE) NVIDIA(0):     you continue to encounter problems, Please try
[     4.293] (EE) NVIDIA(0):     reinstalling the NVIDIA driver.

Please do not change this file on each update. Thank you very much.

1 Like

New testing update is out today