[Testing Update] 2020-11-06 - Kernels, linux-latest, calamares

unstable has the same version…

It seems like I encountered an issue in Gnome - the Package manager’s status icon very often shows that there is a new update, even though I already updated everything.

I don’t have sddm 0.19 issue… it is running good for me since latest update.

Audio is working fine for me (mic, headset, earbuds and even external bluez speaker) whenever I plug in my headphones it switches correctly, what happens is that kde system just sets volume down to minimal (0 volume level as shown by the audio speaker icon tray) , so if you press volume up button it is perfectly connected or switched to you headphones output.

The update went perfectly. I appreciate the update for Thunderbird, all those using PGP with Enigmail, be warned that Thunderbird now uses it’s own key management.

no problems here with 78.4.2 running. In config, I have TLS Max 4, TLS min 3 and tls fallback limit 4. I have never played with these settings. It might have something to do with your email providers? Mine are ISP mail provider, gmail and yahoo (uk). 78.4.2 required botan as a dependency which I did not have installed on my system (xfce)

also bad result in case this is not working ,
thunderbird still try to connect to the email providers , and do not show result error in this case.

Have you tried setting up a new provider to see if the issue persists? I use thunderbird with exquilla for Microsoft exchange and that still works.

There is a new Testing Update Today right?

Not sure if it was an official update but I did receive a small number of updates today as well

2 posts were split to a new topic: Does uninstalling the 4.8 kernel also uninstall the NVIDIA drivers?

It looks like linux59-5.9.6-2 just got pushed to mirrors (11/10 9PM EST). For me on a Dell XPS 13 9380, this breaks WiFi. Using Gnome or nmtui would hang on activating my home WiFi connection.

Downgrading to 5.9.6-1 resolved the issue, so its something wrong with the kernel of one of the modules.

Thanks for the feedback.

Should be fixed with 5.9.8-1