[Testing Update] 2020-10-14 - Plasma, KDE Apps, Browsers, Gnome 3.38. LibreOffice, Mesa

Yeah, I can confirm the same on my end. So I assume this is a Plasma 5.20 regression. This is small but important thing, so I advise not to move it to stable, before this is fixed.
I tried to trigger to show up these options but nope - no way to show them. The old, settings: show advanced power options is on but options are still missing. Luckily my power button is configured to shut down and I have applet on my panel to shut down, but there is no way to restart aside from CLI.

How can I find this utility? I thought I will find it easily in settings, but nope, nothing there or at least nothing obvious…

I created a thread here for the power options problem:

I’ve also noticed it only occurs when the applet is within a latte dock.

You literally quoted what you ask for lol

Nope, this doesn’t find me this new Plasma utility. It only shows me Gnome Discks app.I tried to find it before I posted the question.

I don’t know then, it appears for me: https://i.imgur.com/fFzSsvd.png

It is the Info Center apparently :wink:

pulseaudio-modules-bt needs to be rebuild against new pulseaudio version 13.99.2

Try the info center,

can’t upgrade my nvidia with mhwd, this is the error Error: config ‘video-nvidia-455xx’ conflicts with config(s): video-nvidia-450xx
but i have not installed video-nvidia-450xx

i have the kernel 5.8 installed and running

this is my mhwd -li

Installed PCI configs:

NAME               VERSION          FREEDRIVER           TYPE

video-nvidia-450xx            2020.10.04               false            PCI

Warning: No installed USB configs!

I don’t have it… :frowning:

Video drivers update automatically with the system, or maybe I don’t understand?
This message to me indicates you have nvidia450 installed and it conflicts when you try to INSTALL nvidia455.

Show output of

mhwd -li

//EDIT: my crystal ball tells me you use non LTS kernels, you don’t follow the EOL states of said kernels, then during update when kernel goes EOL it installs meta packages to save you from failling to follow EOL of your kernels, and now it blocks because of dependencies requirement of the meta package, will see first if you have nvidia 450 installed or not. I might be completely wrong, by this is my guess as I see you use the kernel 5.7 which has been announced EOL for a long time now…

Install the plasma-disks package to get the new feature in Info Center.

2 Likes

Thanks, now it works :slight_smile:
I thought it was auto-installed with the update, since I had “installed” status with most of “new optional dependencies”.

1 Like

For me it says all my devices seem to not work properly :rofl:

I noticed some GTK issue after the update. Can you check it and see if this happens for you too?

plasma-disks is not marked as a dependency (even an optional one) for kinfocenter. It is
not marked as a dependency for anything actually, except for a meta-package called plasma-meta.

1 Like

Strange! I just installed kernel 5.9, updated some AUR packages, restarted and… now the power options are there again!
I re-compiled latte yesterday (I have git version) but that didn’t seem to fix anything (yes, I restarted latte). Today’s installs where not desktop related (vivaldi, optimus-manager-qt, kernel 5.9).
:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Ah… I installed also plasma-disks but… this shouldn’t matter… LOL

I do not have this on my side in my VM, using the default theme.

Screenshot with Pamac GTK and GNOME Disks

You need to use some GTK themes, not the default breeze one.

KDE; Kernel 5.8; R7 2700x; RX 5700xt; GIGABYTE x570 AORUS ELITE; 1 Monitor connected via HDMI; No Full-encryption; (There was a command that created a detailed list of everything, but I forgot it)

I switched to the stable branch before this update with less issues than on stable.

Now I have a few problems since I updated yesterday:

• I can’t hibernate my PC anymore [swap exists and is configured to allow hibernation]
  • Folder shortcuts in Taskbar are broken (message: “XYZ.desktop” is invalid, but clicking “Open with Dolphin” works) [same issues in a VM]
  • No sound device on boot (I have to go to audio settings and correct it) [does not happen in a VM, might be a Realtek issue]

Problems I had before I switched to testing branch:

• Green, vertical stripes when powering off (since the update from yesterday I get green dots)

Problems I had since using Manjaro (I started using Manjaro since March):

• Headphones, plugged in via the front panel ports not detected on login (fixed by pulling them out and plugging them back in) [Realtek at fault here?]

I switched the branch back to stable, hoping that the next update fixes my issues, or at least most of them.

I’m also running 5.9, but the issue also exists on 5.8. I didn’t think to check for a git version, trying that now…

…nope. Same problem.