[Testing Update] 2020-10-03 - Kernels, Haskell, Browsers, Qt5, Deepin

If you need nvidia-settings, you can download it from the repos and pacman -U the file. It will throw errors to the console, but it will still work

2 Likes

thanks.

But why it doesn’t get installed automatically anymore?

Thanks for the info, but I hope that package can get in to manjaro’s repo.

Right now I just wrote my config files manually, but this tool needs to be integrated into nvidia-utils package like it always has been before, I think it is just something that has been overlooked during the creation of the 455 package. I will wait I don’t want to install Arch packages into my system to ‘fix’ something that will probably be solved soon officially in Manjaro now that it has been reported.

It seems many widgets are breaking KDE Plasma, preventing it from starting. Right now I’ve found these widgets to be breaking plasma:

• Event Calendar

• Battery time indicator

• Global app menu

I would suggest trying which widgets work in a test user (and restarting plasma by logging out /rebooting) before adding ANY widgets to your main user’s desktop.

1 Like

For info, I just updated to Unstable branch as it has received the update for the nvidia-utils and I now have the Nvidia Settings panel available and working as intended.

Just leaving the info here in case someone else like me requires it to configure his monitors (I have a main monitor with 1680x1050 16/10 resolution and a TV as secondary monitor with 1920x1080 16/9 I enable it only to watch movies, as a clone of my main monitor, and only Nvidia Settings panel permits me to do this properly, scaling the TV to my main monitor different resolution and aspect ratio).

2 Likes

I just want to add about, in kernel 5.9-rc8 (probably also with the early final release) nvidia-uvm module is being blocked due to gpl-shim feature and it affect cuda (cmiiw). So, if you’re working with nvidia gpgpu somehow, you might want to avoid kernel 5.9 before the patch come out.

PS: I post it here because I think, although this is not Manjaro’s problem, it’s related to the kernel update. cheers

1 Like

Have been getting full crashes starting with this update.
Manjaro-i3 with intel-nvidia hybrid graphics. Kernel 5.8, proprietary drivers installed but only intel drivers are in use (optimus-manager).

Journalctl output of the crash reads

kernel: i915 0000:00:02.0: [drm] ERROR Atomic update failure on pipe A (start=4732370 end=4732371) time 187 us, min 763, max 767, scanline start 760, end 769

The system crashes completely, similarly to what used to happen with kernel 5.3 a while back (i think, could be 5.5).

Try installing intel microcode…

That has been installed for as long as i remember…

Yep, I think will shipped with mhwd

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Testing Update] 2020-10-14 - Plasma, KDE Apps, Browsers, Gnome 3.38. LibreOffice, Mesa