Test Manjaro on ODROID

Just tested on my Odroid N2+ running 5.20.4.

Works here.

ok, it happens with the 5.20.4 on the c4, not install for the moment on the c2 and n2, wait and see…

so now i cannot reinstall the kde desktop because you can’t change the display settings?
thans

strange, it works now on my c4.

take care with your screen definition, I mean what type of screen is plugged on the c4?
1280 x 1024…

I made some tests, a screen plugged on the c4 is needed to set your device.
I have time.

actually this my xfce desktop, it is a mess.
meanwhile I have been able to change the language,
but I’m not able to give an entry to search menu so that i can not use the keyboard to type the command System config…
what to do now? what is the keyboard command to be sure to have done the right pass?
thanks

my resolution is 1920x1080, but when I start the login manager after the password I can watch only a part of the screen

before i was able to give the command entry by typing in the keyboard, in the upper part of the screen, now after the upgrade i did, it does not work the typing… so that nothing happens

hopying

I ve just bought a second hand odroid c2, and am wondering if I should replaced its armbian with some manjaro… Purpose of board is headless node-red host , handling connected sensors and actuators around, dashboard, and sharing the load with a few other similar boards (RPI*)

Yes you should be able to do that either by flashing manjaro on emmc or running it over sd card.

Let me check if I can find any Oc2 image or maybe you will have to build one using Manjaro-arm-flasher

antonio@sbc
Kernel: aarch64 Linux 5.9.11-2-MANJARO-ARM
##### Uptime: 24m
####### Packages: Unknown
##O#O## Shell: bash
####### Resolution: 1920x1080
########### DE: KDE 5.76.0 / Plasma 5.20.3
############# WM: KWin
############### Disk: 9,3G / 31G (32%)
################ CPU: Unknown @ 4x 1.908GHz
################# GPU:
##################### RAM: 1835MiB / 3627MiB
#####################
#################

I did a fresh install but I miss the shell, the gtk theme or config and the icon theme…

1 Like

i follow the instructions how to add a new user under manjaro and I have been able to install the KDE on a new user all through terminal and it did work.

i wish to knbow what is the GPU driver in function in KDE, as it seems it is a kernel with panfrost, but webgl is 1 fps

thanks

i redid the procedure from a new install of sd and the kde install was successful and my ram now is better at 752MB in idle.
i did follow the same procedure. I still have a sleeping process x11… not sure

i did tried also enlightenment
here the screenshoot

p.s. I do not know how to enable opengl2 neither i have been able to use enlightenment wayland…
any develpoment about it?
i like it - 250-300mb ram

I like it (enlightenment)
i would like to test wayland.
2 fps on webgl…

1 Like

i did install Gnome and i did a test it seems that wayland is enable at the login, but the question is: is wayland enable in the browser?
firefox is the default browser…?
the wayland value are in false at least according to the step I follow under firefox

thanks

I have not tried Enlightenment yet, but read that it is packaged with the enlightenment_start command to start it under wayland.

firefox about:support shows:
Window Protocol wayland/drm
here. (I’m not using ODROID, but that should not matter). Which variable being false do you refer to?

my first problem now is the usb0 thethering connection that works intermittently - i keep disconnecting every few minutes on enlightenment and kde plasma, meanwhile it works under xfce

i did tried to start enlightenment wayland session but i could only see on the display the mouse. So I had to start the software opengl render instead of the hardware accelerated version.

This the string I got from diagnostic under firefox:

Diagnostics

AzureCanvasBackend skia

AzureContentBackend skia

AzureFallbackCanvasBackend none

CairoUseXRender 0

CMSOutputProfile Empty profile data

Display0 1920x1080 default

DisplayCount 1

Decision Log

HW_COMPOSITING

available by default

blocked by env: Acceleration blocked by platform

OPENGL_COMPOSITING

unavailable by default: Hardware compositing is disabled

WEBRENDER

available by default

disabled by env: Not qualified

WEBRENDER_QUALIFIED

available by default

denied by env: Not on allowlist

WEBRENDER_COMPOSITOR

disabled by default: Disabled by default

WEBRENDER_ANGLE

available by default

unavailable by env: OS not supported

WEBRENDER_DCOMP_PRESENT

available by default

disabled by user: User disabled via pref

unavailable by env: Requires Windows 10 or later

unavailable by runtime: Requires ANGLE

OMTP

available by default

WEBGPU

disabled by default: Disabled by default

blocked by runtime: WebGPU can only be enabled in nightly

I’ve been able to test the wayland version on the testing branch.
my problem is that i got 5 gb of swap and no zram.
any idea how to reduce the swap file to 1 gb?
thanks

Yes, first you use swapoff /yourswapfile, next delete it and recreate a smaller one. check https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/Swap

ok I will do

i think it is a zswap, but i will check it with vim or geany