Telegram-desktop crashes randomly ( It's unusable )

I ran telegram-desktop from a terminal, it appears and I click around a bit and this happens randomly.

[dave@ddocu-web ~]$ telegram-desktop

** (telegram-desktop:1864): WARNING **: 21:52:38.331: Error loading plugin: libvoikko.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

** (telegram-desktop:1864): WARNING **: 21:52:38.336: Error loading plugin: libaspell.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

** (telegram-desktop:1864): WARNING **: 21:52:38.339: Error loading plugin: libnuspell.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

** (telegram-desktop:1864): WARNING **: 21:52:38.347: Error loading plugin: libhspell.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[swscaler @ 0x7f68083500] No accelerated colorspace conversion found from yuv420p to bgra.
Aborted (core dumped)

I installed official telegram-desktop from the pamac gui.

?

So, yesterday I was in Telegram setting and you can change the interface scale, I did, to see if it looked better on my TV which is being used as my PI4 Monitor for the moment.
I changed the scale to 125% and nothing much change but I forgot to change the settings back.
I have just changed the Interface scale back to 100%, relaunched and my error reported above has gone away.

So I have cured the symptoms but NOT the problem.

I’ll close this as solved(ish).

1 Like

Report it on Github, the guys are pretty quick replying to bug reports: Issues · telegramdesktop/tdesktop · GitHub

1 Like

@Photon.

Good idea.

Well this escalated quickly. It’s not supported on ARM.

Well, not exactly the expected result, but at least we know what (not) to expect…

Telegram has a couple of issues on ARM.

Another being it crashes when a sticker should be displayed.

OK. Thanks for that, I’ll just view and update posts and leave the rest as default.
I find loads of “not supported on ARM” and the like, but Apple moving to ARM for it macs might start to change all that going forward.:slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.