Systemd-backlight@backlight:acpi_video0.service loaded failed after drivers install

Since I installed Manjaro 21.0.7 about a month ago every time I booted I got a message saying that some service "
systemd-backlight@backlight:acpi_video0.service loaded failed failed Load/Save Screen Backlight Brightness of backlight:acpi_video0
" failed to load, and I tought that changing my drivers in the Manjaro Settings Manager for drivers would help; And so I installed 2 drivers and enabled them and now when I boot my system is stuck with the message that was previously shown (the one with the “acpi_video0… failed to load”).
So my question is, how do I remove those drivers or undo the changes that I’ve made?

open TTY ctrl + alt + F4
run mhwd

or from manjaro iso, use manjaro-chroot and run mhwd

For this message this has been on my parent’s laptop since last year, it is a bug within the kernel and the service, it is harmless but annoying (it just can not restore the previous brightness state on reboot).
You need to disable and mask this service. It should be systemctl disable systemd-backlight@ and/or systemctl mask systemd-backlight@

Your system is not “bricked”. Please edit your topic title.

EDIT: Did it for you since you never returned.

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/Forum_Rules#How_to_Post

Have you tried searching?

3 Likes