systemctl set-default multi-user.target == Graphical glitches

Hi guys. I have installed Manjaro with the architect-installer, and then later on dwm. However It is not always I want the X server to start, so I changed the systemctl get-default to multi-user.target from graphical.target". But after I changed it to multi-user.target` I got graphical glitches all over the place, especially with text rendering in the browser and in the terminal.

Anyone who have an idea why this is happening and how I could fix it?

Undo what you did and instead disable the Display Manager.
Probably either LightDM or SDDM.

I'vent installed any display managers ( to what I know of ), I login through TTY.

In that case, no X server would start at boot. :stuck_out_tongue:
So you had no problem to begin with...

1 Like

Fair enough :smiley: But how could I identify the display manger?

Sry if I'm getting this wrong, but hare you thinking of Desktop Manager instead of Display Manager?

What I mean is, if you login via TTY, you should be in a CLI prompt after that. So no X server is running.

If that's not the case, then you have something in your .profile or .xinit files that start an X server.

Oooh, I misunderstood you then. However I outcommented

auto start startx.
if systemctl -q is-active graphical.target && [[ ! $DISPLAY && $XDG_VTNR -eq 1 ]]; then
  exec startx
fi

Which was in my ~/.zprofile. Which didn't solve the problem, Then I ran ``systemctl set-default multi-user.target` Which solved the initial (disable autostart of startx) however I got some graphical glitches then.

But the issue isn't that it autostarts, the issue is the graphical glitches.

Forum kindly sponsored by