System Update error

I have done the stupid thing to use pip with sudo, now i see/read that it wasn’t a good idea.

now i get this:

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
slither: /usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/tests/__init__.py exists in filesystem (owned by python-crccheck)
slither: /usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/tests/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-39.opt-1.pyc exists in filesystem (owned by python-crccheck)
slither: /usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/tests/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-39.pyc exists in filesystem (owned by python-crccheck)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Yes, i been looking online to fix the problem, i even found things here about it.
nothing works! rewriting the files, trying to remove them, etc.
did these steps also https://forum.manjaro.org/t/update-or-package-installation-returns-failed-to-commit-transaction-conflicting-files-filename-exists-in-filesystem/3598

Also when i try to remove them i get this

error: target not found: /usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/tests/__init__.py
bash: /usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/tests/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-39.opt-1.pyc: Permission denied
bash: usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/tests/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-39.pyc: No such file or directory

i am getting pretty frustrated atm, any help would be awesome!

ps. isn’t there a way to skipp these files when updating??

You could try:

sudo pacman -Syu --overwrite /usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/\*

2 Likes

merlock, you are are like Mighty Mouse… :muscle: you saved the day!!
been trying to overwrite them one by one, but obviously that didn’t work…
thank you so much :smiley:

This might be a good time for you to install and use lostfiles.

i will give it a look… thnx again

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.